Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
sedan de ville
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my dilemma. This might sound like a dumb question, but here goes.

My father stopped driving his 1991 sedan de ville a few months ago. Due to Dementia he cannot remember how or where the release is to open the door that leads to the gas cap where you fuel up. I drive the car and have it insured in my name now and use it to drive my folks around. While I can figure things out on my own, I cannot find the release. ?This model is high tech for its time! It tells you how much gas you have and what you have used up, what what remains. The car currently has 14 gallons. No one at the local fueling station whom we had asked for help, knew how or where for that matter, to find the release. I have looked the car's panel inside over and over and there is nothing that I could see that is even related to the gas cap door.

I am looking to this forum for hopefully, an answer, as to ask my father to look for the car's manual, with his Dementia onset, would be asking too much.

I hope someone can help.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,559 Posts
Hmm, can't remember where the button is, but it should be obvious. If it's not on the dash, look in the glove box. As a last resort, there should be a manual emergency release cable in the trunk.

·
Registered
1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t
3,013 Posts
On my 92 eldo it's in the glove box,just open door and there's a button there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts