Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Deville, 01 SLS, 00 STS, 04 C5 Convert 67 Stang Convert
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've followed Jake's instructions from tech tips for a new key program to no avail. I don't have a working key so I'm going through the 30 minute sequence but not having success.
Is there a different method for an 05?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,579 Posts
I think the 2000-2005 are the same, but your owners manual should have the instructions.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ranger but the manual I'm looking at online only has instructions for additional keys.

·
Registered
98 eldo/KD54 w/N37,T96,QA1,D55,DS3,U1Z. U3R next
2,125 Posts
If you don't have ANY keys that work, you may need a Tech II.

If you had at least one master key you would be fine.

S

·
0 Posts
I've followed Jake's instructions from tech tips for a new key program to no avail. I don't have a working key so I'm going through the 30 minute sequence but not having success.
Is there a different method for an 05?
No master key no other key u need a new master to be programmed with a tech 2 only way I'm aware of with out a master key as it be very easy to steal the car by getting a blank off eBay and breaking into a car of choice the pk3 system ain't bad GM has there moments but there not that dumb

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SG, it would be pretty difficult to guess how to cut the key blank. It has to turn the ignition and be programmed. You need to provide proof of ownership before a dealer will cut the key for you. I've done this before on a car that only had a valet key. The car wouldn't recognize it as a master key so I had to start from scratch.

98. I'll give it one more shot with extended time intervals but you may be right. I may have to tow it in and have it done.

Thanks for the replies!

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,579 Posts
Oops! I didn't realize you where talking about a new key vs an extra key. Yeah, I think you may be at the mercy of a dealer.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Success! The key I think is waiting as long as it takes for the security light to go off. The first of three times took 20 minutes, then 15, then 15. Super glad to not be winching and towing it to the dealer!
Thanks everyone. Thanks Jake for posting the process a long time ago!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts