Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac 02 STS
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked my car up from the dealer after they replaced an alternator (diagnostic lights started up like it was fireworks and then the car died) and blower motor for the heater. As I was leaving the dealer of course I turned the heater on to make sure it was working. Fan didn't come on, smoke came from the blower motor. I pulled to the side of the road (not even a mile down the road). My son had me open the hood (I have no clue why), the fuse box cover was sitting on engine. They had just washed my car before bringing it out to me. I took it back to them immediately. Left it overnight, again, picked it up around 5ish tonight.

After about 60 miles of driving the engine light came on. I checked the codes and found the P0410 code. After doing some searching here I came upon the post (below). Any clues as to why this could have happened? What do I do now?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-seville-cadillac-eldorado-forum/83309-weird-code-2000-sls.html

·
Registered
99 STS
700 Posts
As I was leaving the dealer of course I turned the heater on to make sure it was working. Fan didn't come on, smoke came from the blower motor.
It sounds like the blower motor shorted out, I don't think that replacing the alternator caused it, my guess here is a streak of bad luck.

the fuse box cover was sitting on engine.
Uhmmm, sounds like the tech was in a hurry, they get paid by flat rate, which means the faster they do the job, the more money they make.

found the P0410
AIR pump no or low flow code, maybe the tech knocked a vacuum line off while working on your car, that would be a nice simple repair. Check the 50 amp Maxi Fuse in the engine compartment fuse box, see if its open. If its open then the air pump is shorted, more than Likly because of water entry as suggested in the link you provide.

Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts