Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
balck raven 2003 CTS
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice a couple of weeks ago that my engine light come on, then i cleared the codes with my radio. The codes came back and I’m getting error codes B2470H, P0442C, P0196C U1000C. My mechanic said it was a gas leak and possibly my gas cap but that was replaced before clearing the codes.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS 3.2L V6
275 Posts
I notice a couple of weeks ago that my engine light come on, then i cleared the codes with my radio. The codes came back and I’m getting error codes B2470H, P0442C, P0196C U1000C. My mechanic said it was a gas leak and possibly my gas cap but that was replaced already before clearing the codes.
P0442 - Evaporative Emission (EVAP) System Small Leak Detected

P0196 - Engine Oil Temperature Sensor Performance

U1000 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction

I'm sure someone will give more info in a little while.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS 3.2L V6
275 Posts
I notice a couple of weeks ago that my engine light come on, then i cleared the codes with my radio. The codes came back and I’m getting error codes B2470H, P0442C, P0196C U1000C. My mechanic said it was a gas leak and possibly my gas cap but that was replaced before clearing the codes.
Since you were able to get the codes from your radio, I'm guessing you have a 2003 3.2L, correct?

·
Registered
balck raven 2003 CTS
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had my car tested because of the P0442 error code by my mechanic with a smoke tester. He said the leak is coming from under the car but it's hard to see, the leak is most likely coming from either the canister or the gas tank? The canister is above the gas tank. Does this sound familiar?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts