Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Seville STS
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if any of these codes have anything to do with my problem. Friday night I go out to my car try to start it and NOTHING. Put some jumper cables on it and click click click but wont start.. sat am hook cables again let it sit for 10 mins and starts.. drove for about an hour come home shut it off and try to start to nothing again. It sits for 2 days, i just go out there now and starts no problem. Here are the current codes in the system.

If someone can explain what any may be would be appreciated, thanks

IPC and SDM U1255
U1255 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (Serial Data Line Malfunction)

IPM B1343 - Air Inlet Door Movement Fault
RSS C1783 - ICCS2 DL Left Output Short Circuit to GND
RSS C1785 - ICCS2 DL Right Output Short Circuit to GND

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
Not sure if any of these codes have anything to do with my problem. Friday night I go out to my car try to start it and NOTHING. Put some jumper cables on it and click click click but wont start.. sat am hook cables again let it sit for 10 mins and starts.. drove for about an hour come home shut it off and try to start to nothing again. It sits for 2 days, i just go out there now and starts no problem. Here are the current codes in the system.

If someone can explain what any may be would be appreciated, thanks

IPC and SDM U1255
U1255 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (Serial Data Line Malfunction)

IPM B1343 - Air Inlet Door Movement Fault
RSS C1783 - ICCS2 DL Left Output Short Circuit to GND
RSS C1785 - ICCS2 DL Right Output Short Circuit to GND

Have you serviced recently the EBTCM module?
Disconnect the CVRSS module (both connectors). Does the RSS codes go to History? How about the U code?
If the U code is still active the 80% your EBTCM module is defective. The IPC, EBTCM and SDM modules are all connecting to a common point on the data bus (along with the diagnostic connector pin 2).
When the car doesn't start disconnect the EBTCM connector and try to start. If it starts...well EBTCM is shorting out the data bus (also the ICCS lines).

·
Registered
1999 Seville STS
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im reading a lot about ignition switch problems on these cars... could that be it? Is there a test method?

Here is what happened today
Been fine for the last few days. Today I went to turn it on and nothing... hooked up jumper cables and you would get the lights to come and and as soon as you turned the key it would completely die again.

after a few times of that i just sat there for a few minutes (no cables connected) all of a sudden all the lights came on and started right up.
My active codes are
IPC U1040
IPC B1652
SDM U1040
RSS C1783 and 1785

·
Registered
1999 Seville STS
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you serviced recently the EBTCM module?
Disconnect the CVRSS module (both connectors). Does the RSS codes go to History? How about the U code?
If the U code is still active the 80% your EBTCM module is defective. The IPC, EBTCM and SDM modules are all connecting to a common point on the data bus (along with the diagnostic connector pin 2).
When the car doesn't start disconnect the EBTCM connector and try to start. If it starts...well EBTCM is shorting out the data bus (also the ICCS lines).
Where is the EBTCM on this so I can try to disconnect it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts