Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I took this car out of a 3 year storgage about 3 months ago. I have replaced the battery, changed the oil and aired up the tires and the car was running ok. I was having a prob with the ISC when I put it up for storage and I replaced that and adjusted it so now it idles good and no more pulsating of the gas pedal. I just put new Delco plugs, wires, cap and rotor on and the car has new fuel injectors. My prob now is I am still only averaging 14.1 mpg and the car seems kinda sluggish when pushing the gas. Also I have been noticing a strong "unburned" fuel smell, especially after being on the highway or getting off. The car has 133,xxx miles and I am not sure of the maintence of this vehicle. This was my gramps car and I inherited it back in '02. I am thinking that either my O2 sensor is giving bad readings which is causing the car to run extremely rich which can cause the probs or possibly a clogged converter which would cause the sluggishness. Anyone have any ideas of where to start?......Thanks.

·
Registered
76 Eldo (54k), 76 Eldo (52k), 78 Eldo (9k), 85 Deville (43k)
668 Posts
Replace the 02 sensor and check your fuel pressure. Sometimes the fuel pressure regulators will stick after time causing your car to run rich.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I am going to replace the O2 sensor later this afternoon if it stops raining and will disconnect the battery. I will also check the fuel pressure. I didn't think of that. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts