Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals, I've had a 05 deville for a bout a month or two. 200k miles. It just started stalling when im idle, at first i thought it was a battery problem, so i replaced the terminals as they were bad. It started back up and ran for a while. Can anyone give me an idea of where else to look for the problem? Im broke and been doing all these fixes with my dad. The code reader did say crankshaft sensors but he said they will say that after the battery plug in we did. Ill have a engine light on but it DOES go back off. So maybe its not the crankshaft sensor? Where else should i look? Thanks for reading.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
20,096 Posts
Hey guys and gals, I've had a 05 deville for a bout a month or two. 200k miles. It just started stalling when im idle, at first i thought it was a battery problem, so i replaced the terminals as they were bad. It started back up and ran for a while. Can anyone give me an idea of where else to look for the problem? Im broke and been doing all these fixes with my dad. The code reader did say crankshaft sensors but he said they will say that after the battery plug in we did. Ill have a engine light on but it DOES go back off. So maybe its not the crankshaft sensor? Where else should i look? Thanks for reading.
=====================
inspect/clean the TB - Throttle Body - AND the IAC - Idle Air Control - solenoid -

------------------------------

STEP #1 - ALWAYS - check for DTC's - Diagnostic Trouble Codes - USING THE ON-BOARD SCANNER -
if you don't know how - go here -

post any codes you have -
ALONG WITH THEIR DEFINITIONS -

include whether they are C-Current or H-History -

for code definitions - go here -

here is a how-to video -

·
Registered
70 Deville 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
820 Posts
My 03 had an intermittent stalling problem but when it finally became more regular I got the crank sensor code. I think your code is correct.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts