Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1937 Four Door Sedan
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

I am posting this to help my grandfather who has a 1937 V8 Cadillac Four Door Sedan. The two things I am trying to help him with is determining the history of the car, as well as a value. He was told that the car was actually a military issue. The gentleman that sold him the car, as well as many others, have told him that the fact that there is no primer on the car means that there is a very good chance that it was once issued to the military. With him being in the military himself, I would love to help prove this in some way. Is there any place that you would recommend to start? I have used many different websites and entered the VIN number, but they all say that the number is invalid. I am sure this is due to the number of digits compared to modern cars.

The second would be a value. I am not sure if there is a "book" value, something like KBB, but just trying to get some information for him.

Thank you all for your help!

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
Send your request to the GM Heritage Center. They should be able to furnish you information, including the original distributor to whom the car was delivered (though not the actual first owner; the selling dealership would have that, assuming they're still around). As to value, it depends on the body style and series. Four door sedans, even in immaculate condition, aren't worth a fortune, but a Series 65 or 67 would be better than a Series 60.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts