Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
09 cts
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently heard a clunking sound coming from the rear of my 09 cts so took it to a local mechanic they weren't 100% sure but thought it may be strut mounts. I wanted to be 100% sure so I took to the Cadillac dealership and asked them to Inspect/check out. They said they would do a courtesy inspection and let me know if they had to road test or do further inspection. Well they had another guy from the dealer call me based on me calling cadillac for the recall on the wax coating/rear jam nuts toe arm bolts coming loose an i told him my cat was already at dealership. Long story short when I went back to pick up the car they had the rear diff torn apart and said the car car had a bad diff at only 38000 miles. WtF. I am pissed I never gave them permission to rip apta art they said they woukd call me after a visual Inspection. I feel they did something to do the diff/planned to swap it out for a bad one or something. Where do I stand with this,please help. I spoke to a "customer relations manager" and she tried to calm me down /gave m loaner amd said shell call me first thing in the morning. I'm still very pissed.. any info and feedback is greatly appreciated. I'm not happy with this at all

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Start by carefully reading any paperwork you signed when you left your car at the Cadillac dealership. Including the small print.

·
Registered
09 cts
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mentioned that to the customer relations manager... i said I bet that service manager is gonna try and say I signed apaper authorizing them to do that. She stated, no we don't do that here, someone should have called to say what the problem/issue was and then see if you want to go ahead w the repairs. Well see what happens tomorrpw. I am very pissed issue feel like this was a bait and switch and they did something to the rear diff or had plans to swap it out. How can one mechanic claim a rear strut mount and the dealer has a totally different opinion on the diff being completely bad at ONLY 38000 miles

12,778 Posts
Hello lei_ctsv,

I deeply apologize for this upsetting occurrence with your dealership. It seems like the customer relations manager is working to try and resolve the issue, but I would be happy to look into this from my end as well. If you’d like an additional layer of assistance while working through this situation, please PM me your VIN, dealership name, and personal contact information.

Best regards,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
09 cts
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you cadillac customer service for your reply, could you please pm me as I tried to send you a message but am having trouble doing so. Maybe i dont have enough posts to pm as i just recently joined.Thank you

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,168 Posts
First, be calm and cool and business-like when working with the Service Manager. But as far as I am concerned they just gave you a free diff job. Also, as vfaninva said, read your paperwork. This is important, know where you stand and do your homework. But keep your cool, it will get you further.

·
Registered
09 cts
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They just called me (I stayed very calm and cool lol) and told me they called cadillac and had to do a series of "tests" and one was disconnect the drive train to see if it has excessive play and they found that it did and that the car needs a new diff. I asked the service manager that don't you think messing with the diff/pulling it apart caused it to have issues? He said no. I too feel like they did/caused damage to the diff by tearing into it. Cadillac customer service please pm me with a contact number or call me 7272474283

·
Registered
46 Posts
Here's my view from the parts department of a Chevy dealership.

The usual routine is to sell one flat rate hour to diagnose a problem. If more diagnostics is required, the service advisor calls the customer, explains the situation and sells more time.

That hour should have covered removing the driveshaft to zero in on the diff. It does not cover disassembly of the diff. If they needed to sell additional time to remove the driveshaft, they should have called you first for approval.

There is nothing especially untoward about a CTS rear diff diagnosis. There are few serviceable parts. The routine is to sell a complete diff. The ballpark figure is about $1300 or so for the part.

As a customer, my expectation would be for them to return my car in the condition they received it for the price of what you agreed to when you gave it to them. You should not be responsible for any further labor or parts beyond whatever you agreed to pay them for their diagnostic time.

·
Registered
09 cts
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was mistaken when I said they tore apart the diff they actually tore apart/disconnected the drive shaft. The manager called me this morning unlike the customer service relations manager had promised to call first thing and said they called cadillac because they were In disbelief that the rear diff could be bad and we're told steps to do and one of the steps was to disconnect the driveshaft then they noticed the rear diff had play... I'm calling bs. When I went to pick up the car they didn't even want to give me a reciept I had to ask repeatedly for 1. My original service guy I dealt with had to print it up and was very rude and didn't even say hello goodbye or acknowledge me. The customer service relations manager didn't come to say hello or express gratitude neither did the manager. I took my car back to the original mechanic where they diagnosed the bad strut mounts for them to see if it's a diff problem which I strongly doubt because there's no clunking whining or slack/backlash coming from diff I fell they just tried to up sell me on something and when I didn't want it that's why they would me give me any paperwork staging that's what the problem was. Still frustrated with this whole sitaution. This makes meundsrstand why people don't like to go to dealerships.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was mistaken when I said they tore apart the diff they actually tore apart/disconnected the drive shaft. The manager called me this morning unlike the customer service relations manager had promised to call first thing and said they called cadillac because they were In disbelief that the rear diff could be bad and we're told steps to do and one of the steps was to disconnect the driveshaft then they noticed the rear diff had play... I'm calling bs. When I went to pick up the car they didn't even want to give me a reciept I had to ask repeatedly for 1. My original service guy I dealt with had to print it up and was very rude and didn't even say hello goodbye or acknowledge me. The customer service relations manager didn't come to say hello or express gratitude neither did the manager. I took my car back to the original mechanic where they diagnosed the bad strut mounts for them to see if it's a diff problem which I strongly doubt because there's no clunking whining or slack/backlash coming from diff I fell they just tried to up sell me on something and when I didn't want it that's why they would me give me any paperwork staging that's what the problem was. Still frustrated with this whole sitaution. This makes meundsrstand why people don't like to go to dealerships.
I'm not sure about your state, but in Maryland, a repair shop is required by law to give customers a copy of the repair order.

You can be sure they have a copy. It's considered a legal document, and they'd be required to produce it at any court proceeding.

·
Registered
09 cts
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cadillac customer service or someone else please contact me either by pm or my number listed regarding this matter. Thank you

12,778 Posts
Thank you cadillac customer service for your reply, could you please pm me as I tried to send you a message but am having trouble doing so. Maybe i dont have enough posts to pm as i just recently joined.Thank you
You are most welcome, Lei. I have sent a PM requesting your information.

Enjoy your weekend,

Brandon M.
Cadillac Customer Care

1 - 12 of 12 Posts