Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the owners manual and read the part for the Homelink
I can not program it to my garage door opener for some reason can anyone help me i just dont get it how to program it i have a Geane i think that is right Garage door
not sure what to do

·
Registered
2002 Deville DTS
1 Posts
I had problems when I first tried to program mine also. I wasn't trying to program any house/security lighting with it, just the garage door. I did mine over three years ago, so I don't quite remember the exact procedure, but I do remember it ended-up being pretty easy to do after my initial confusion. I seem to remember that I had to actually get on a ladder and hold a button on the Genie garage door motor itself while doing the programming sequence to the homelink in accordance with the instructions. Once the unit finds the proper code your genie is using to open the door, you won't have any further problems. Once I got the code in, I have never had to re-enter it again, and it has worked great.

Sorry for the generic information, but I remember writing this procedure down on the cover of my Genie owner's manual because I went thru the same problem. Check your Genie owner's manual under "programming the controllers", it may be more helpful to you than the directions that came with the unit.

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
#1 your unit in the garage must be the new rolling code technology. #2 you have to depress the red set button on the the unit in the garage while the car is under it. I sell new cars with this option. Before the car leaves the dealership, I depress both outside buttons and hold them down until the LED's blink fast. That erases any codes in the homelink system. I instruct my customer to then put the car in the garage, choose the button they wish to program and after depressing the set button on the garage unit, hold the homelink button until it blinks very fast. That might take as much as 20 to 30 seconds which seems like an eterity while doing it. Once done, you might have to hold the button you set a little longer than the old opener to activate the door opener. Most problems come from not holding the homelink button long enough to gather a rolling code or not holding the homelink button long enough to activate the door. Hope this helps.

what

·
Registered
2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD
2,052 Posts
I have a Genie Intellicode garage door opener. The learn button is behind the light cover. You have to remove the cover over the light bulbs, then you will see a small black button on the left side with a red light under it. Press this button and the red light starts flashing. Now press the Homelink button you programmed with the remote (may take a couple of presses).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts