Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade AWD Premium, 2011 CTS4 Premium Coupe
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had this kit (90013) installed at my body shop, today. My mechanic told me the resistors (to bypass any of the dash warning lights) were not included in the package (I still have "service suspension message" in the DIC, along with ABS light on in the dash, and "service traction control/stabilitrak" message in DIC, also). That's fine, I've already contacted who I bought the package from to obtain the resistors but after I read Monroe's install instructions, I had a question.

My compressor recently failed prior to the installation ("service suspension system" message in the DIC and I haven't heard the compressor run in a few days). According to Monroe's instructions, if the compressor isn't functioning, the error message in the dash will remain unless kit AK29, which is the air hose kit for the shocks, is also installed to bypass the compressor.

Can anyone confirm this? I just want to ensure that after installing the resistors and this air hose kit, all the of the error messages disappear: service suspension, service traction control/stabilitrak, and the ABS dash light. None of these error messages except service suspension system were on prior to the installation. On a separate note, the ride is pretty darn good with this suspension setup, granted I've only driven from the shop home which isn't a very long drive. I'll report back once I've driven further/longer but in the meantime, would appreciate any insight/suggestions anyone might have. Thanks, in advance!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried pulling the appropriate fuses for the suspension system?
That was going to be my next step in hopes that it's an easy fix (doubtful, though). Which fuses are related to the suspension and are they in the fuse box under the hood or the interior driver's side fuse box? Appreciate the insight, thanks!

----------

Just did some digging and searching and it sounds like this is a relatively common issue for those who have had suspension parts replaced. I'm hoping it's one of my speed sensors that wasn't plugged back in. Will take a look underneath the car tomorrow and report back.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV
268 Posts
I'm sure abs has nothing to do with your suspension what so ever. Have it scanned & see what it is.

As for service stability track etc... it might, that error comes on for absoloutely anything that has a curent issue. For example my gas tank cap was loose, check engine came on then service stability track. Tighten the cap, disconnected negative for 10 minutes, error never came back.

Now to resolve your service suspension error 100% guaranteed.

I bought these http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2013-Autoride-z55-shock-bypass-modules-Gm-Chevy-Gmc-Cadillac-Chevrolet-/301427790934?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item462e7f1456&vxp=mtr&rmvSB=true

$25.00

You will have to remove the compressor( I personally didn't remove it, error sign went off after I installed these)

----------

Here is my thread on this issue

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/645985-removing-service-suspension-system-dashboard.html

Resolved.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I received the resistors last week and dropped my truck off to have them installed this past weekend. Got it back this morning and low and behold, the ABS light and traction control error messages were still in the DIC. My mechanic seemed to think that they would go away after just driving a bit, according to what was stated when he hooked the truck up to his computer.

Well, I had a chance to get underneath my truck after work today and found that indeed, both rear ABS/speed sensors were never re-plugged in after the suspension install. Plugged them back into the connects on the frame and the error messages are gone. I'm slightly disappointed; I've been going to this guy for years, spanning 3 different vehicles and he works on my dad, brother, uncle and cousins cars, also. Is this too much to have lost faith in my mechanic? They say a good mechanic is someone you should always have in your network...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts