Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
escalade
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am installing a fm transmitter so i can have a aux plug for my mp3 player. however i can't seem to figure out how to take off the trim to get to the radio. does anyone know how to take off the trim? thanx!

·
Registered
Cadillac
10 Posts
kermitdog,

If you are refering to the trim around the center console then there are two pieces you have to remove first. I am assuming you have a standard radio with no navigation. Follow these steps:

1) You must remove the bottom trim around the cup holders first. Open up your center console and fold it back so it is out of the way. Then lift up on the plastic piece around the cupholders and ashtray. Start at the back and work towards the front. There are clips on the sides holding this piece in place. When you get to the front you need to lift up a little as there are plastic posts that connect this piece of trim to the trim around the radio. You will also need to use the quick disconnect on the electrical connection behind the cigarette lighter.

2) Now move to the passenger seat. Pull straight out on the trim piece that says Cadilliac on it. The vents will come off with it.

3) Now you can remove the trim piece around the radio. You have to pry/pull is out with a firm but not to aggressive hand.

I know this as I just installed a new Navigation unit in my Escalade and had to do this at least three times....don't ask....

·
Registered
Escalade ext
134 Posts
Close your eyes and pull ....

Watch when you put it back together to make sure the top of the trim fits / slides under the lip of the dash .... NOTE what it looks like before you pull it off. Better yet ...take a few snap shots ....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts