Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was just driving and all of a sudden the transmission sounds like its in neutral. as if i was pushing the gas and it would rev up really loud. so i would have to coast to get to where i need until i got to about 10 mph and it would kick back in and drive normally. but if i reach around 30 it does it over and over as if i was trying to drive with it in neutral. So i thought it might need some transmission fluid in it, but as i looked for the thing to put it in...i couldnt find it anywhere!!! and i looked in the manual and it didnt say anything about it, so i dont know whats wrong with the thing. so the question is, after hearing my story, what do u pro's think is wrong with my cat?

·
Registered
257 Posts
happened to me to, i began to cry because i thought it was gonna die on me, check your tranny cooler lines and see if they are leaking, and add fluid

·
Registered
186 Posts
The tranny fluid might be low in the best case scenario,I would suggest to the fluid and filter changed if you dont know when it was last changed,if you can do it yourself its fine and if you take to a shop try to pick a good one and if you do a search in the forum on this subject you will find few good write ups on this .

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the help, now let us pray.....
that I don't have to buy a new freakin transmission!

I bought the car in August and nothin but problems...
-radiator
-ac compressor (bypassed with a shorter belt :) )

I bought the car here in New York from an individual. Does anyone know if I can take the guy to court for selling me a lemon??

·
Registered
7 Posts
:banghead: Does anyone know how to check the auto transmission fluid on the Catera? I have done searches on this forum with no success.
Ronnie

·
Registered
32 Posts
I read somewhere to take off the fluid fill cap and it should be barely over flowing. I can't elaborate though, I just took my Cat to my mechanic today to let him deal with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
the transmission has no dip stick. you have to get the car off the ground , on the side of transmission there is a fill hole/nut this is where you check and add fluid.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I think I read somewhere it's supposed to be a 100,000 mile transmission. I guess that means, after 100,000 miles all bets are off and you can expect to happen whatever happens. I guess nothing lasts forever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts