Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I your guys help.
I have a 2005 cadillac cts. One when going back home my car just turned off and did not start. It didnt mae any noise or didnt pull it just turned off.
I already replaced the fuel filter and crank sensor but it still wont turn off.

I need help figuring out what would be the causes of this. Im sahort on monet to take it to the dealer. please help

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade
1,177 Posts
Does the car crank normal ? Change camshaft position sensor

Crankshaft needs change when it doesn't start but you changed that so next is camshaft it could cause car to shut off on highway but it will kick back over. Crank I believe has to cool off then it will kick over. Part is $60 on Amazon and 80-100 locally

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the car crank normal ? Change camshaft position sensor

Crankshaft needs change when it doesn't start but you changed that so next is camshaft it could cause car to shut off on highway but it will kick back over. Crank I believe has to cool off then it will kick over. Part is $60 on Amazon and 80-100 locally
It does crank it just doesnt turn on.
I already checked the timing chain but it they look fine where they are supposed to be.
ILL TRY THE CAMSHAFT HOPE IT WORKS

----------

And I see it has 4 Camshaft wonder wich one it is. There are no codes stored in the ecm

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade
1,177 Posts
Usually if it doesn't start it's the crank shaft sensor. Only has one cam shaft in my 03 3.2 which was right ontop of the motor towards the front driver side

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup mine has 4 its a 3.6 . i have disconnected the battery so i dont have any codes. itl be hard to see wich one it is

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6L
31 Posts
I was a stupid teenager at the time lol. But mine did the same thing. Check the oil I could have sworn it had oil. After that I came home and left it in the garage and my friend checked the oil and it was bone dry.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE

Well hello. So it turns out that the ecm is ok. But the guy that scanned it says there is a short somewhere in the car and that may be the reason for the gauges not working but that it had nothing to do with the car not turning on. He said to take the car to his shop tomorrow
So after the guy left I checked my torque again. checked the fuel leve and saw it said it had 20% of fuel in it. I decided to take a walk to the nearest gasoline
station so the car had gas in case the guy turned it on.
So when i got home I put the gas in. and just to check tried to turn the car on one last time. And bam. IT TURNED ON

So I guess It needed fuel. Not sure if torque (THE APP) had been reading the fuel level incorrectly. But my car works now.

This did not fix the fuel and gauge problem. but the car is on now. Now I will try to fix that issue. I have seen alot of threads about this gauge problem but have not seen anybody resolve it. Hopefully I will.

Ill keep you guys updated in case of a solution

1 - 7 of 7 Posts