Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, allow me to apologize if this has been address before. I'm new to this forum and a noob to actually being a forum member.

Anyways, I want to add 20''s to my '05 CTS and I was wondering if anyone knew the specs for a "perfect fit". I'm looking for the exact size of 20''s, including tires, that I can just mount, without any extra modding, and won't rub, even on U turns.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
BEFORE ANYONE SAYS "20s are too big!" i'm gonna say.

IF you go with 20s, u NEED to upgrade your brakes.

Public Service Announcement:
adding big wheels to a car like the CTS is dangerous unless all safety precautions are taken. Please make sure to invest in a more powerful braking system. It will ensure your safety, as well as the safety of your fellow motorists and pedestrians.

^also, you wont get yelled at by Robert & others on this forum.

*edit*
and let me be the first in to mention that 20s will rob u of some horsepower.

with that said, 5x115 bolt pattern. i think 20x8.5 should be fine. Offset is key, 35mm is perfect.
you can also fit 5x114.3 on here, but will need spacers (they're cheap.. like 20 bucks).

·
Registered
03 White/Diamond CTS (sold)
1,663 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

adding big wheels to a car like the CTS is dangerous unless all safety precautions are taken. Please make sure to invest in a more powerful braking system. It will ensure your safety, as well as the safety of your fellow motorists and pedestrians.

*edit*

with that said, 5x115 bolt pattern. i think 20x8.5 should be fine. Offset is key, 35mm is perfect.
you can also fit 5x114.3 on here, but will need spacers (they're cheap.. like 20 bucks).
Thanks!! Didn't know about getting robbed of horsepower, nor about upgrading my brakes. You really gave me something to think about now. Guess I'll do some more research before making a final decision. Thanks again.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
no problem bud. glad i was able to help.

that info is SCATTERED all over the forum so i couldnt just say "do a search"

:thumbsup: good luck.
let us know if u need more help.

*edit*
I'm new to this forum and a noob to actually being a forum member.
well, normally, if you receive info thats helpful, u can add to the person's "reputation"..
(theres a scale looking thing on the top right corner of each post, next to the Red/White triangle).

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS, Black Raven. Name: Car-los
3,201 Posts

*edit*

90% of that is false! +35mm offset is very bad! there will be lots of rubing, you want to get a +40 offset with a 20X8.5 rim:D

and big wheels to a cts will only afect your braking a little, to were you will not even feel the difference.

and it will only rob you of a little horsepower, 10 at the max if you get wheels like this:

X

·
0 Posts
I've also been under the impression that 20"s will not require upgraded brakes.
I've had 20"s on different vehicles, all with stock breaks and no problems breaking.

22" and over is where you start running into problems.

·
Registered
Cadillac cts
34 Posts
I've also been under the impression that 20"s will not require upgraded brakes.
I've had 20"s on different vehicles, all with stock breaks and no problems breaking.

22" and over is where you start running into problems.
yessir i believe thats true

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
90% of that is false!
okay... lets try & address this my mexican friend....

well i'm not sure about ur comment about the offset RB, i got that number from tirerack...

and as far as your comment "and big wheels to a cts will only afect your braking a little, to were you will not even feel the difference." ..you said it yourself, it WILL affect your braking (i still want someone to do a test & measure exactly by how much)

and it will only rob you of a little horsepower, 10 at the max
umm i said SOME ...
20s will rob u of some horsepower.

*edit* i forgot to include one of these " :D "

X

·
0 Posts
Get 8.5's you will have far more tires to choose from. 7.5 rims are cheaper but the tires are harder to fit on the cts the narrower you go.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
okay... lets try & address this my mexican friend....

well i'm not sure about ur comment about the offset RB, i got that number from tirerack...

and as far as your comment "and big wheels to a cts will only afect your braking a little, to were you will not even feel the difference." ..you said it yourself, it WILL affect your braking (i still want someone to do a test & measure exactly by how much)

umm i said SOME ...

*edit* i forgot to include one of these " :D "
ok you said some horsepower, my bad. do a search, and remind me not to buy my rims from tirerack when i get new ones:D

*edit*

i found this the other day when i was looking for the correct offset for are car(dont ask why:D)
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-forum/75575-38-offset.html

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
now that u said that you made me curious as to what keywords u searched lol...

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
RB, the "Evidene" u posted (that link to the other thread) kinda worked against u...
look at what the last post says...
I put 20x8.5" +35mm offset wheels on a CTS with 245/35-20 tires and no rubbing issues.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
do u know what tire size hes runnin on

1 - 20 of 51 Posts