Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Seville 4.9 150k
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I let my son drive my 93 Seville 4.9. Wouldn't turn over last nite, so I pulled battery and had tested. Bad unit, so I put in another one.
All seemed fine until I tried to start, and nothing. All accessories work, etc.
Now with key out, the flashers blink, as tho the alarm is trying to disable the car, but no message on idiot board.
Speaking of idiots, my son dropped the new pass key I bought into the lake, so I only have the old ones which can trigger the three minute disabling of the starting process.
I will get a new key tomorrow, but what else did I screew up?
Canh I reset the starting myself?
Thanks

·
Registered
1997 SLS
550 Posts
You could have 2 different problems. When you replaced the battery, did you thoroughly clean the contacts and screws on the terminals? I usually use some baking soda and water on a toothbrush to get all corrosion off the terminal mounts and threads. Then I take a small wire brush and clean the copper contacts on the terminals. On mine, the positive side is in 2 segments so I separate them and clean in between as well. Make sure the terminals are 'snug' but not over-tight.
If you get the message on the dash that you should wait 3 minutes, your VATS reader could be dirty or worn out. Read my thread in tech tips.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts