Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Seville STS
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
soo... can some one please tell me how to remove the valve cover thats closest to the fire wall? i cant get to the back bolts. Am i missing something? Not doing something right?

its a '95 Seville STS.

·
Registered
1996 Eldorado
2,814 Posts
Go to Home Depot & get yourself one of these. Disconnect the dog bones & use it to pull the motor forward at the rear dog bone mount.

It will move the engine the amount of the gap in the middle of the turn buckle, about -1 3/4"

This is still a difficult task.

·
Registered
03 STS
2,527 Posts
there is enough slop in the motor mounts to rock the motor forward? the brackets for the steel cooling lines are still in the way of the rear valve cover bolts but they can be reached with a little wiggling. don't have to drop the front of the subframe?

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,954 Posts
there is enough slop in the motor mounts to rock the motor forward?
Yes, that's how I replaced the blower on my '97 Deville. There is not a lot of movement, but you can get an inch or two out of it if that is enough for you.

·
Registered
03 STS
2,527 Posts
will a slight case leak cause an oil burning smell at idle or does it point to a leaky valve cover gasket? i can fix valve cover gasket with a bit of effort. seems to me the case leak is below manifolds and should not cause a burning smell. in most cases.

·
Registered
1996 Eldorado
2,814 Posts
I don't think these engines have common valve cover troubles with leaking.

It would more likely be the half-case, P/S or trans.

To smell it means its hitting the exhaust somewhere. Unless engine oil consumption is off the charts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts