Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added a Subwoofer to my base Bose system (No Navi), 3 days ago I hit a bump and lost power to my subwoofer, via the remote power source. I tapped the remote power source from the rear mounted fuse block. I located a green/w white stripe wire toward the rearward top of the wiring block above the fuses. This has worked flawlessly for 1yr...now the wire is dead. I have been checking for fuses, but cannot find any blown fuses... Underhood and trunk.

I am curious to know if anyone knows what that wire does... (Has not effected the vehicle as of yet) and, or if anyone can tell me of another remote source located in the truck. I have checked the Bose amp, and cannot seem to locate the remote power source. I have searched the fourm, and in prior threads the remote power to the amp was a blue wire...which I don't seem to have on my base Bose amp. Any help would be great!!!

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
Use a circuit tester. You should be able to use any "hot" wire that is only hot when the car is on. Be sure to use a fused 10 amp tap.

·
Registered
2015 SRX4
107 Posts
I added a Subwoofer to my base Bose system (No Navi), 3 days ago I hit a bump and lost power to my subwoofer, via the remote power source. I tapped the remote power source from the rear mounted fuse block. I located a green/w white stripe wire toward the rearward top of the wiring block above the fuses. This has worked flawlessly for 1yr...now the wire is dead. I have been checking for fuses, but cannot find any blown fuses... Underhood and trunk.

I am curious to know if anyone knows what that wire does... (Has not effected the vehicle as of yet) and, or if anyone can tell me of another remote source located in the truck. I have checked the Bose amp, and cannot seem to locate the remote power source. I have searched the fourm, and in prior threads the remote power to the amp was a blue wire...which I don't seem to have on my base Bose amp. Any help would be great!!!
Please clarify a few things. Are you using the stock Bose amp to power the stock sub AND the additional sub? Did you install this mod.? What size additional sub are you running? The factory amp will not handle driving two subs for very long. The green/white wire you refer too, what has it powered flawlessly for the past year? Are you testing the wire with the ignition on or off?
Patrick

·
Registered
2019 CTS 3.6 AWD
34 Posts
ttt

Anyone have any insight on what the green/white wire goes to?

My radio reception seems a little worse. Could this geen/white wire power an RF amplifier for the stereo? Does anyone have a schematic that shows what the rear fuse block wires go to?

Please help?

·
Registered
None
1,151 Posts
I just ran into a similar problem the other day where I was trying to wire a relay to provide a trigger for my aftermarket sub amp. However, EVERY fuse I tested in the trunk showed 12+ volts no matter what. I'm a little perplexed as I had assumed some of these fuses (radio, amp, etc.) would only have power when the ignition is on and the radio on. Instead, everything is always hot. In the above pictures, what's the difference between the white lower fused portion of the fuse box and the black upper portion with all the wires coming out of it?

Tony

·
Registered
01' Cadillac Deville
2 Posts
Need more info on the vehicle like year and model and if its bose system. I can let you know qhat it goes to and probably send you a schematic.

·
Registered
None
1,151 Posts
Interesting. Here's the fuse box on my 2009 CTS-V. My wire is red, not green and white. I am now using this red wire for my remote turn on. -Tony

1 - 10 of 10 Posts