Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 1999 catera and it started to run really bad missing and just down right would not go. So i pulled the codes said I was misfireing and O2 sensor. So i replaced the ignition coil for 2,4,6 and replaced all the spark plugs. also changed out the fuel filter. also let me point out that there was no oil in the spark plug holes. ok now it is still running like crap right when i start it i have codes 135 and 155 which are O2 sensors bank 1 and 2 both are sensor 1. the car will start with no problems and will idle fine but as soon as i press on the gas then it starts to misfire and really bog down. So are the O2 sensors keeping the car from running ok. or could it be something else. If it is the O2 sensors which ones the front ones since it says sensor 1 on both banks. I am really starting to hate this car after 3 years of problems I am about ready to light it on fire and call the insurance company.:crying:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am having the same problem. I changed the plugs and the 02 sensor. I'm getting code 304 ( misfire in cylinder 4) I checked the wires and coil and it they work fine. I'm dumping a crap load of gas out the tailpipe, leaves a cload of smoke. I was at the parts store having the codes read and the clerk told me another customer had the same problem with his catera and it was the idler control valve. When I disconnect it the car idles better but still runs bad. They didn't have the part in stock. The idler control valve is like $400. Any ideas on what to do?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well According to the Dealer I had an loose o-ring in the valves. The o-ring was then cut by a valve and that the caused valve to get damaged. It is one of the intake valves so it is causing cyclinder 4 to misfire since the valve as they said is cooked. I was quoted $2200.00 to start work because it required having the heads sent out to be machined. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm totally screwed. I can't afford to have the work done or buy a new car. Hopefully your problem isn't the same as mine.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well this is an old post of mine that people replied to so I guess to tell everyone what it was. after dumping a crap load of money at several dealerships I gave up and bought a set of repair manuels and it seems it was my mass air flow sensor. I am still getting the 02 sensor faults but I think they got ruined from when the mass air flow sensor went out I just need to buy some new ones to make sure because they have power going to them for the heaters on the 02 sensors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts