Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have an 85 eldorado (not bose). I recently got a "new" radio for it out of a local junkyard. At first it seemed to be working fine, then I turned the ignition off and back on again all my presets and the time I set were gone. So it either isn't getting any power which I think it is (seeing as my last one didn't have this problem) or something is messed up with the unit. I know I could just go look for another one but I thought to check here first. Anyone know anything about where the memory is stored in these or what to do to diagnose or fix it?

Thanks,

'85 caddy

·
Registered
5 Posts
You will have a wire that must be wired to a constant 12V source. This is used to keep the memory for presets/time etc.
Travis

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have it hooked up the way it is supposed to be with all the stock wiring so shouldn't that constant 12v source be already hooked up with those plugs?

Thanks for the help skidmark!

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
i agree your constant is not providing power. this is either due to the hu or the wireing. obviously the constant is getting some power because if it wasnt then your radio would not even come on. however id check by running your own constant and splice into your radio plug. if that doesnt fix it just tape over the splice and try a new hu

1 - 4 of 4 Posts