Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts
There is an alumiunum divider in the fog housing. You can pull it out and cut it with sizzors. You need to remove about 1/2". Some guys remove the divider altogether but that may not seperate the beam when you have your fogs on with your turn signals. I hope that is the metal you are talking about. There is also the black box around or in front of each bulb, leave those on or you will not get an even light distribution.

Note, the silver coating in the housing is very fragile, be careful not to scratch it off, mine literally came off with my finger rubbing on it.

·
Registered
Cadillac
137 Posts
No thats probably not the one hes talking about. I saw one of these metal cubed shapped things on one of my fogs too... just under where the socket is for the bulb. it was a copper color or maybe mine was just rusty if i remember right. I cant remember if i pulled mine out or not. Im pretty sure i did.

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts
There is also the black box around or in front of each bulb, leave those on or you will not get an even light distribution.
QUOTE]

Mine were black, I think it looks better if you keep them in if you have the clear fog lenses. I spreads the light better.

·
Registered
CTS
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help, I acctually ended up pullin the rusty boxes. I think it looks alot better if you see a clear bulb vs a rusty metal box inside your light. It also casts a interesting looking light pattern when the fog light is on.

·
Registered
2005 CTS White Diamond
15 Posts
There is also the black box around or in front of each bulb, leave those on or you will not get an even light distribution.
QUOTE]

Mine were black, I think it looks better if you keep them in if you have the clear fog lenses. I spreads the light better.
Sammy....that's one sweet looking ride....where can I get the clear lens?

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts
There used to be a guy on the forum that sold them but he stopped. You can make them yourself with two pieces of plexiglass or lexan. There were a lot of posts on this subject in the CTS forum, try a search on clear fogs.

·
Registered
05 CTS
1,395 Posts
not trying to hijack this thread.

I took off the lens, cut the aluminum using a cutting wheel and put the epoxy (JBweld) on there. after the stuff dried, I removed the clamps, the lens came up off of the epoxy at the corners. what did i do wrong?

·
Registered
2005 CTS White Diamond
15 Posts
There used to be a guy on the forum that sold them but he stopped. You can make them yourself with two pieces of plexiglass or lexan. There were a lot of posts on this subject in the CTS forum, try a search on clear fogs.
Thanx Sammy....should have done a search first...nube here but very familiar with forum etiquette. Definately tons of info on it after doing a search. I've bookmark my search and will read later.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts