Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i'm in the market to purchase an escalade ext. I've narrowed it down to two, and need some help from here. Sorry, but i can't post a link to the add because i'mnew and the forum forbids me from doing so. However, here are some descriptions:
2002 EXT with GM 6.0L Vortec high output with a Paxton Novi 1200 SUPERCHARGER. This is a very nice kit with all polished components, while making around 500 H.P. The wheels are chrome 23 inch Baccrat Linc with Toyo Proxy 305/50-23 tires. This truck is loaded with power steering, power brakes, air, heated seats, power mirrors, power seats and onstar. The bed and tailgate have been sprayed with LineX along with the bed covers. The two taillights and the third brake light have been spray tinted and the windows have been tinted 5% all around. It has a chrome vertical grill and the exhaust is a full stainless Corsa. The brake rotors have been changed to heavy duty cross drilled rotors. Lowering kit with piaa blue spark bulbs. The truck has 93K on it and has been serviced every 3K. This is a very nice truck that is clean and drives great. $19,900 OBO

The other is a 2005, dark blue with 60k miles. all stock, looks brand new, asking $17,500

Which one should i go with? should i be concerned with one having 93k miles? My dad has a yukon xl denali with 90k miles and runs like a top. Im not sure if thats any indication on how well other GM products will run. We take extremely good care of our vehicels (2000 mercedes-benz E300 with the TD and just hit 275K). Any and all information will be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
NONE
1,042 Posts
Re: help please

Sounds like a tough choice. Both sound good, I'd probably do the 05, only because I like to customize myself. But I have been looking into superchargers and that ain't a bad deal either! Then again the 02 sounds like a steal... Tough choice. Drive them both and one will stick out I guess. Good luck and definately post pics!

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
I wouldn't want to pay 20 large for a 7 year old truck with almost 100,000 miles on it that's for sure. No matter what the modification.

The '05 is a MUCH better deal and much more modern inside. Not to mention the lower miles.

·
Registered
'03 EXT and '04 CTS
75 Posts
'05 - no doubt! The '02 would be super hard to get rid of when you get tired of it in a few years, plus the high mileage is a no brainer not to get it. All the mods on the '02 most likely won't mean squat to a 3rd owner and be practically worthless. Customize the '05 and you can still get something for the mods later since they won't be so old. Not to mention buying a microwave dinner usually gets no respect in the auto world since you can't claim any of the fame - so why bother.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
637 Posts
I wouldn't want to pay 20 large for a 7 year old truck with almost 100,000 miles on it that's for sure. No matter what the modification.

The '05 is a MUCH better deal and much more modern inside. Not to mention the lower miles.

this

·
Registered
'07 Escalade ESV AWD
248 Posts
Like everyone else has said...

The mods on the '02 sound great, but with that mileage and it being 7 model years old, unless you would keep it forever, forget it. That kind of mileage is a death sentence to the value of any SUV...

The '05 sounds like a much better deal. I prefer a blank canvas myself when it comes to customizing, and not buying someone else's idea of what custom is. Being bone stock usually means that it's not beat on either, but that can go either way. Trucks with mods like the '02 are usually rode pretty hard and put up soaking wet...

Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
'01 Pearl White - Sold 10/11, '09 Raven Black :)
737 Posts
From my experience and auto mechanics I must go against the pack and say that alot of times it actually depends on how well the previous owner maintained the vehicle besides the actual mileage. I have worked on cars with low mileage that run like total crap and cars with 150k miles that run like brand new...

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
From my experience and auto mechanics I must go against the pack and say that alot of times it actually depends on how well the previous owner maintained the vehicle besides the actual mileage. I have worked on cars with low mileage that run like total crap and cars with 150k miles that run like brand new...
I don't think you're actually going against the pack. What you're saying is true, however OVERALL the higher mileage, heavily modified truck in this case for MORE money doesn't make sense. Especially since with the kind of modifications that truck has, it is likely it was run hard. Not to mention the DRASTIC drop in value due to the age and miles put together.

It just doesn't make sense to spend 20 grand on a 7 year old truck with that many miles, just because it has been modified somewhat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts