Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping someone on here can help me My brother had my 2004 CTS and we've had really bad weather the past couple weeks and in are area some of the streets are flooded and my brother went down one not thinking it was that bad. So it died in the middle of going threw this huge puddle and it was at least up to his knees and he is 5'7 so he had to push it out. and of course it didn't start. So as of now My brother changed the started and it still doesn't work is there anything else that i can do. Please help me someone... My step dad thinks there might be water in the engine I don't know though how do you check to see if there is????? Any help would be great thank you.

Hope0896

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,974 Posts
If the starter won't crank the motor it's hydraulic locked. The engine is most likely heavily damaged. I have never seen an engine swallow a slug of water and survive. I'd start by taking the sparkplugs out and seeing if the engine will turn. My best guess is that you have some bent internal engine parts and you need to start calling the junkyards for a replacement. This does not look good. For your sake I hope your brother makes really good money.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
Definitely sound like hydro-lock. Sorry to hear that.

Also, future tip for your brother: If you MUST go through deep water, fight the instinct to drive through as fast as you can. Slower, in this case, is better. Too long to explain why, but trust me on this one. Drive through deep water SLOWLY.

·
Registered
Chrome CTS LP, 04 Cluster, WW sidemarkers, lower mesh grille
1,425 Posts
00000 noooo!!!! DEFINATELY NOT GOOD!!!! I think you most likely have water in the engine. Plus could have tripped out the electrical. :( sorry to hear man!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts