Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HElp pls: Need shock absorbers for 98 Cadillac Seville STS

Hi all,

New here as I am helping my brother (in Mexico) get the shock absorbers for his 98 Cadillac Seville STS.

Can anybody please tell me some places to check for good used parts?

Would I need to have the VIN in case they have different shocks for different VINs?

Any other suggestion will be welcome as he really needs to get this car fixed before he comes to visit me hopefully by Xmas.

If possible please reply to my email but I will try to check this forum later.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Re: HElp pls: Need shock absorbers for 98 Cadillac Seville STS

Please search the forums for PASSIVE STRUTS.... It seems as if KYB makes a good set.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

PASSIVE?

I believe this car has the kind that have the electronic adjustment???

Thanks

elwesso said:
Please search the forums for PASSIVE STRUTS.... It seems as if KYB makes a good set.....

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts

Yes, they do... However, most here feel it is best to "upgrade" to the passive struts.... usually the active (stock) struts are really expensive..... Plus, the passive ones dont seem to have any negative things to handling or ride.....

·
Registered
39 Posts

pepevela said:
Hi all,

New here as I am helping my brother (in Mexico) get the shock absorbers for his 98 Cadillac Seville STS.

Can anybody please tell me some places to check for good used parts?

Would I need to have the VIN in case they have different shocks for different VINs?

Any other suggestion will be welcome as he really needs to get this car fixed before he comes to visit me hopefully by Xmas.

If possible please reply to my email but I will try to check this forum later.

Thanks!
Hello, this is a shot in the dark but I live in Nothern California and I have a couple good Cady only salvage yards near by. One guy quoted me $250 a side for shocks that would cost $500 new. This was for my 96 STS. His parts seem pretty nice and he seemed like a good guy. If you are interested I could get you the phone number(s) I am guesing that if you payed be credit card they might ship them to you. Let me know.

Will
[email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts