Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
My 2004 CTS-V has been in the shop for the last 3 months. It was at 2 different private shops at 2 different GM dealers. They were replacing and programming the anti-theft module and encountered many problems. It seems to be starting and running great now.

I just noticed a huge crack in the dash. Would they have needed to remove this for the repair or any other reason? I don't want to accuse them of anything without justification but I doubt heat caused this.
Snapchat-2091154953.jpg
Snapchat-471405289.jpg

·
Registered
08 STS 1SG HUD ACC F55 AWD, 08 STS 1SG Platinum HUD ACC F55 RWD
439 Posts
Sadly 16 year old plastic can almost crack with a puff of wind. I cracked one of mine last week gently pushing down on what appeared to be a bulge - and it is only 12 years old. Just a part of the favorite older car experience. Good Luck.

Reactions: tjowens2

·
Registered
96 Fleetwood, 94 Fleetwood, 07 CTS, & 94 Caprice Wgn
709 Posts
Don't know if there is any difference in the CTS and CTS-V dash top, but I know there is an abundance of CTS's at the junkyards. I wouldn't think that top would be any more than $25.

Tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sadly 16 year old plastic can almost crack with a puff of wind. I cracked one of mine last week gently pushing down on what appeared to be a bulge - and it is only 12 years old. Just a part of the favorite older car experience. Good Luck.

Thank you. Any idea how difficult it is to swap that piece out? Thankfully I can manage to pick one up at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
2005 Base CTS work at Pullen solenoids Glass Factory for 36 and a half years
268 Posts
I have a 2005 CTS and I've never touched the dash except to lightly wipe it off and it has two cracks in it. I think that's just a normal thing with these cars.

Roy

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6 (Luxury Package)
4 Posts
I've had this issue before with mine. I replaced mine with my dad back in January and a week or two later we had put the heat on to hear it crack.(albeit, it was a junkyard part. No cracks when we got it.) Imo, it's just a common thing that happens with this car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts