1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 CTS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
P2228 CADILLAC-Barometric Pressure Sensor Circuit Low Voltage
P0342 CADILLAC - Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Low Voltage
Just so you know the whole story in case it provides any clues. I'll try to be as brief as possible.
On the way to work freeway on-ramp car suddenly lost power momentarily and then at each gear like a whoopee cushion for a moment then it would pick up. Engine light on. Checked codes. Only code was cylinder 4 misfire. Took car to a repair shop. Result: he said ”valves were worn and thin” cost would be $5000 to rebuild motor. I said no thanks got the car back and decided I would try changing plugs and replacing at least number 4 ignition coil. While waiting for parts and researching how to do the work. I went out to check codes since getting it back. No power. Long story short had to replace alternator. I did it myself all from the top because when I went to remove wheel I found that shop that replaced tires over a year ago didn't leave the locking lug but key. Anyway I managed. I replaced plugs and ignition coil same day only forgot to check codes prior. First test run car was worse but I noticed tension and pulley on alt side was rattling replaced it and car was running almost like new. Except for p2228 and p0342 and extended crank time on start up. I check the oil and find it 4 quarts low don't know if I got it back that way from repair shop. Car has no history of oil consumption and I have it changed every 3-5000 miles. Continued to drive it then got a cyl 2 misfire since I wasn't sure if the repair shop had swapped the coil on 4 and 2 I changed the number2 coil. And that code hasn't returned. I also replaced the tensioner and pulley on the other side. As well as the plenum gasket. I checked for vacuum leak with propane and quick start and found nothing. Replaced baro sensor and the one cam sensor I could get to easily. No change. So I gave up and took it to Cadillac dealer to diagnose. Result:
”DTC p0522 engine oil pressure sensor, p0342 intake camshaft sensor and p2228 baro pressure sensor low voltage, faulty sensor. ”
They wanted $600 to replace 3 sensors and another $150 to clean throttle body. I had already cleaned front side of throttle body I plan on removing it today to see if it really is dirty. Service advisor recommended stating there was a lot of carbon build up. I declined the work and picked up the car. So that cost $150 to diagnose and recommend replacing 3 sensors 2 of which I already replaced. I checked codes and they are the same as when I gave it to them. I don't see p0522. That brings us to now.

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 >132k miles
772 Posts
P0342 refers to sensor A (intake camshaft on the side with the #1 cylinder. On the V6 cad, this is the center most shaft on the passenger side. Gotta remove the ECU bracket to get to it.

While you are in there, might as well pull out the cam solenoid and clean it with carb cleaner (one of mine was much more gunked than the rest). And hit all of the electrical connections with dielectric grease.

·
Premium Member
2007 CTS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update got some help from just answer. He suggested starting by checking continuity between signal with on baro sensor and ecu C1 pin 7.
So tonight continued searching online for diagram showing connector numbers finally found out connector 1 is the lower one. So I set up to test continuity again(I mistakenly checked using C2 first). I pull the lower connector C1 off the ecm and find that pins 1-7 and the five or so just above them are smashed flat. So I painstakingly carefully straightened each pin with tweezers and a forceps clamp. Not one broke off I couldn't believe it. Reconnected everything. No codes even after drive cycle. Still, need to check mpg but I think I'm done. Thanks again for your help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts