Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New member - site looks great! Just bought a '98 Seville STS and I love it. Only thing I want to do to it is figure out how to wire my Apple iPod MP3 player directly in the Bose stereo.
I know I can use a cassette adapter, but am looking for a more permanent, and more elegant solution. Ideally would like a base that I simply plug the iPod into and it charges the player and connects it to the stereo. I have a 6 disk CD changer in the arm rest - was thinking I could possibly use it's input for the iPod.
Anyone out there attempt this yet? Will appreciate any help/ideas!
Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I've tried an FM transmitter and there was too much interference from adjacent stations. Plus you lose the full frequency response the iPod and the Bose stereo are capable of by going through the radio.

Looking for a direct connection to keep the full fidelity of the music.

Just found a thing called called ICELink on the internet but not yet sure if it's compatible with an STS.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This PIE connector may work.

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piegm10aux.html

I used a PIE connector in my Mustang with XM. It sounds much better than the FM mod. In the Mustang, you can tap the CD button to toggle between the cd player and the XM input.

I just used the cassette adapter to install XM in my 99 STS. I think that you loose the use of your 6 disk changer in the STS with the PIE connector. It should also work with your iPod.

Blitzsafe also makes a connector.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Click on the link in my sig to see how I put an iPod into my 98 STS. To answer some earlier posts, the P.I.E. Aux Input Adapter does not work. I tried two, and spent hours on the phone with them. There is another company that makes a direct connector and allows you to control the iPod through your steering wheel buttons, but I don't think they have the version out yet for Caddy's. They are Dension and the product is called Icelink.

·
Registered
1996 STS
34 Posts
you can splice into the rca outs for the cd changer. I installed a switchboard in my car in the trunk where the cd changer is. simple splices and soldering. Then i ran the RCAs to the driver seat and have a car adapter with sound control in the cigarrette lighter in the center console. works great too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts