Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 Seville that has a Momo steering wheel instead of stock.The airbag and the airbag coil have been completely removed down to the yellow connector under the dash.Everytime I start the car I get an inflatable restraint message along with a red light that won't go away until I push the info button. I know that I can fool tha system into thinking that the airbag is still connected by adding a resistor to the yellow connector under the dash. Does anyone know what the resistance of the airbag and airbag coil connected are??? Or...has anyone already done this mod and knows what size resistor I should use??? This mod is all over the internet....just not on a 92 Seville. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wrolinfat said:
I have a 92 Seville that has a Momo steering wheel instead of stock.The airbag and the airbag coil have been completely removed down to the yellow connector under the dash.Everytime I start the car I get an inflatable restraint message along with a red light that won't go away until I push the info button. I know that I can fool tha system into thinking that the airbag is still connected by adding a resistor to the yellow connector under the dash. Does anyone know what the resistance of the airbag and airbag coil connected are??? Or...has anyone already done this mod and knows what size resistor I should use??? This mod is all over the internet....just not on a 92 Seville. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
FYI...I figured it out today. I soldered a 2.7 ohm resistor to the yellow connector under the dash and all the error lights disappeared! :bouncy:

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
wrolinfat said:
FYI...I figured it out today. I soldered a 2.7 ohm resistor to the yellow connector under the dash and all the error lights disappeared! :bouncy:

That is good to know. Wes you should put this in your faq section.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Im gonna start working on it over thanksgiving vacation.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts