Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 Seville that has a Momo Millenium EVO steering wheel.The steering wheel airbag and airbag coil have been removed from the vehicle all the way down to the yellow connector under the dash. I get an inflatable restraint readout that will not go away until I press the info button every time I start the car. Now...I know that I can connect a resistor to the yellow connector under the dash to trick the system into thinking that the airbag is still connected.
Does ANYONE know what size resistor is correct??? Or ,does anyone know what the resistance of the airbag and airbag coil combined are?? any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wrolinfat said:
I have a 92 Seville that has a Momo Millenium EVO steering wheel.The steering wheel airbag and airbag coil have been removed from the vehicle all the way down to the yellow connector under the dash. I get an inflatable restraint readout that will not go away until I press the info button every time I start the car. Now...I know that I can connect a resistor to the yellow connector under the dash to trick the system into thinking that the airbag is still connected.
Does ANYONE know what size resistor is correct??? Or ,does anyone know what the resistance of the airbag and airbag coil combined are?? any help would be greatly appreciated.
FYI...I figured it out today. I soldered in a 2.7 ohm resistor to the yellow connector under the dash and all the error lights disappeared!!!
Also,I fixed my 3rd LED brakelight. The design is basic. It's made up of 3 LED strips with jumpers connecting them. 2 of the LED strips were out. So, I just resoldered the connections on the jumpers that were broken and coated them with black rtv and they work perfectly now! No big deal....about an 1.5 hours worth of labor. :bouncy:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts