Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Pontiac
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to the forums my sister inlaw just bought a used 2005 CTS-V and the rearend casing is cracked, she notcied it after she smelled gear oil after a trip from her mom's house. me and my brother checked it out the top of the casing is brokin off. she has only owned the car for 2 weeks and the dealer ship well not fix it cause they where saying the car was raced she has 4 kids im pretty sure she is going to be racing a car with a 10,8,6,year old and 4month old baby in the car. so thanks for any help on what we can do to fix the rear or a way to get it done under warrenty.

Jesse,

·
Registered
2006 Infrared CTS-V
821 Posts
i agree unless the mileage is unusually high it is under cadillac warranty. take to a different cadillac dealer if the one that refused is in fact a cadillac dealer. you can seach the rank your dealer section to find good one's but report both good and bad here to help others.

·
Registered
Pontiac
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What an odd post.

I assume the warranty is valid.... spirited driving is covered.

Are there any after market modifications to the engine at all.

If not, tell the dealership to fix it or else. Please report what dealer this is and location.
she has only had the car for 2 weeks the car is stock.

i agree unless the mileage is unusually high it is under cadillac warranty. take to a different cadillac dealer if the one that refused is in fact a cadillac dealer. you can seach the rank your dealer section to find good one's but report both good and bad here to help others.
The car has 30,000 miles was bought used from Moore Cadillac in Chantilly,VA as a certified car. can you post a link to the dealer ranking.
Thanks for the reply's

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
There is no excuse for them not fixing it. Politely explain that the car is covered bumper to bumper by Cadillac against material defects (which this is), and that you're mildly insulted that they would "assume" she's been racing the car. If they continue to deny a valid Waranty repair, politely ask them to get the Area Service Rep on the phone, or call Cadillac Customer Service at 1-800-458-8006.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V Redline
743 Posts

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
Better yet, tell Moore Caddy to EFF OFF, and then head over to Lindsay in Alexandria where you will get excelent service for life, and no BS like this.

-Chris

·
Registered
Pontiac
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Better yet, tell Moore Caddy to EFF OFF, and then head over to Lindsay in Alexandria where you will get excelent service for life, and no BS like this.

-Chris
Chris,

Have u delt with Lindsay before ?
If so who should we go talk too ?
Thank you for the help.

Jesse,

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
James at Lindsay Cadillac is an active contributor here on the forums, and if you are anywhere near him you should never take your V elsewhere.

He has proven time and again that they are in the Elite 1% of Cadillac Dealers.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
A big thank you to all who are helping this lady. Hopefully, she will update us.

By the way, you know what would really help us???

Pics of sister in law!!

·
Registered
Cadillac
3 Posts
Please Advise

New to forum. My nephew made a post for me this morning. I have a 05 ctsv, bought it a little over 2 weeks ago. Car was leased previously. I've Drove it just a handful of times. Took if on the highway last sunday with my 4 kids and while driving up a gravel incline back onto pavement busetd the diff and drive shaft. Took it back to dealer, who laughed in my face and said I spent the day at the race track. We had a problem with the dealer when we bought the car. It needed front roaters, and my husband who is very mechanical demanded they fix this, they refused, I still bought the car, was in love with it. So the service manager hates me already due to the roater situation. Serv. Mangr. even said to my tow truck driver get this p.o.s out of here, when he towed my car back today. Everyone seems to think that I should take it to another dealership. My question is, wont they deny it because my dealership did? They have made me feel like I stole the car.

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
Re: Please Advise

No, the other dealership probably doesn't know anything that went on at this one. Try another one.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts

If the Service Manager was that abusive and disrespectful, you need to get Cadillac on the phone ASAP. There is no excuse to call a customer's car a piece of shit or laugh at them. If there is another Cadillac dealer within driving distance I suggest you go there immediately, and please call Cadillac to report the first Dealer's attitude.

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts

If the Service Manager was that abusive and disrespectful, you need to get Cadillac on the phone ASAP. There is no excuse to call a customer's car a piece of shit or laugh at them. If there is another Cadillac dealer within driving distance I suggest you go there immediately, and please call Cadillac to report the first Dealer's attitude.
:yeah:, then go to another dealership.

Lastly, rank said dealership here: http://www.cardealerrank.com/index.php

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
A big thank you to all who are helping this lady. Hopefully, she will update us.

By the way, you know what would really help us???

Pics of sister in law!!
That May even get her a loaner!

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts

1. Report the old dealer.
2. Find a new dealer.
3. Please stop starting new threads on this issue - this the third thread and this is just the first day.

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts

Get your car fixed first.

Take it to another dealer, and if you have to another one.

I wouldn't start going apesh*t until after I got the car fixed.

Stay away from that dealer/service.

Also, there were a few other places that were posted you could call.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts