Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
06 Cadillac SRX AWD
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was replacing a dome light and lost one of those metal retaining clips that holds up the overhead console. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
05 srx awd v6 (gone), '07 GXP, 2010 li'l red wagon 3.6
3,177 Posts
Stop by your dealers parts desk or look at the "help" display at a good parts store.

·
Registered
06 Cadillac SRX AWD
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks glake89. Looks like that'll have to be done since I haven't been able to source the part number anywhere.

·
Registered
06 Cadillac SRX AWD
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haven't had the chance to stop by a dealer. Any dealership parts personnel in here with access to this info and willing to help? I'm sure this will be helpful to many of us who end up losing this clip by pulling off the console.

·
Registered
04 SRX V8 AWD, 04 NSRT4
223 Posts
I can get clips from a place I used to work (made GM interiors) if you provide me a picture of the clip you're looking for.

·
Registered
06 Cadillac SRX AWD
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I snapped the overhead panel back in place and it's holding fine. Don't really want to pull it back out and risk making it loose or losing more of those little things. I appreciate the kind gesture though. It just baffles me how something so basic can be such a hassle. Love the SRX but I have to admit, It just baffles me that the DIY support, community, and info available online are quite lacking compared to other makes and model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts