Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 CTS V-Sport; 2018 Escalade Platinium
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just noticed that my rear doors arent locking, and havent been for a couple weeks (i know this because the alarm goes off when you open the back door before the front because its unlocked but i was in a hurry and didnt pay attention).

Rear Doors will not lock/unlock by the remote or button on drivers door.
Rear Doors will lock/unlock with park/drive change.
Rear Doors randomly unlock while driving.

I tried pulling the battery and it made no difference, then tried resetting to factory settings which I thought worked because as I walked away from the vehicle it chirped and the doors locked but this morning the rears where unlocked again (both sides).

I'm stuck because I'm traveling, my trunk is full, and I have a laptop bag among other things in the backseat that I can't exactly take into every stop I make the next few days. Is there anything else I can try?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
sounds like a weird problem. I would take it (cliche I know) to the dealer.

Can't you just manually lock the back doors in the meantime?

·
Registered
2017 CTS V-Sport; 2018 Escalade Platinium
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You would think... but it randomly unlocks. It actually worked properly earlier today, walked away from the car and all doors locked. Came out 20 minutes later and the rears where unlocked again. Started the car, drove past 8mph and the doors locked got about 5 miles down the road while going 45 the rears unlocked. I think it has to be a loose connection somewhere.

Unfortunately my dealer is 400 miles away, and I have to be on the road at 4:00am. Hopefully no one takes the stuff in the back seat from the hotel parking lot(the trunk is full with the 18" hi-pol rims I bought on ebay and picked up on my trip).

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
That's freaky. I would say pull the power lock fuse if you absolutely have to leave valuables in the back seat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts