Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, My cadillac has had the MAP sensor replaced once already and it hasnt been that long ago. And now its doing the same thing it did when i had to have it replaced before. (and i checked the codes AND GOT: PO70 PO71) It looks like im going to have to replace it again! Last time i had the cadillac dealership do it. Now i want to do it myself. Can someone tell me where it is located on the 93 cadillac Seville STS? I have a haynes manual and it says: on the 4.6L models, the MAP sensor is located on top of the throttle body. BUT, I do not see it... What do i have to do to get to it? Does anyone have pics of where it is? I must be blind..:confused:

·
Registered
2001 DTS(140K), 2000 ETC(284K), 1990 allante( 80K)
1,915 Posts
i'm not sure if you have the north star engine in the 93
but the map sensor is under the beauty panel
i'm not sure it is actually a beauty panel or more of something else :S
any how some people will chime in about that.
i get Po71 on my 94 and it hasn't been doing anything at all.
so i guess this thread might help me.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,544 Posts
Yes, remove the perimeter bolts. Be sure you get the correct torque setting for installation. I believe there are rubber grommets involved that are not supposed to get crushed.

·
Registered
Cadillac
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Haynes manual for the caddy sucks... So im going to have to ask a stupid question. What screws do i take out to remove the intake manifold cover? Need to get to the MAP sensor quick. I need a car to drive.. Thanks for your help Nevermind. Read over your eirlier post ranger. lol sorry i didnt see that..remove ''perimeter'' bolts... Should i see the MAP sensor as soon as i remove the cover?

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,544 Posts
Not absolutely sure as I have never had a '93/'94. I suspect it should be obvious.

Yeah, ditch the Haynes and get a FSM by Helm Inc. Ebay is your friend.

·
Registered
93 ETC
77 Posts
There's about 14 bolts around the perimeter. Those hold the cover on. 2 are hidden under the plug wire track.

There are also 4 bolts in the middle that you don't remove. They hold the intake on.

The MAP sensor is in the middle on the right hand side(facing from the front of the car) Its a rectangular box that clips-in to the gasket / fuel rail assy with wires going to it.

Torque is only 11 to 14 ft lbs. The bolts will seat before the rubber grommets crush - but if your grommets are old, pieces may break off.

·
Registered
Cadillac
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got a torque wrench yesterday. So i called advanceautoparts to order or see if they had the MAP sensor in stock. They said it was discontinued. And so did the other five part stores i called. So i ended up having to call the cadillac dealership. They didnt have it in stock but they ordered it for me. $102.00:eek: Its going to be there this morning. After that i called car quest. They said they didnt have it in stock but they could order it. ($56.00) So its going to be at car quest tomorrow. The sensor from cadillac will be better right? But my wallet says the one from car quest will be just right.. Plus the one that cadillac replaced my old one with is already screwing up. (remember i said it hasnt been very long sense it was replaced) How long are these things susposed to last anyway?

Also i have another question, You say the torque setting is 11-14 foot pounds. What is the exact setting? Or should i set the wrench at like 12 foot pounds?

Thanks for the help everybody.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts