Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
255/35 ZR20. Also dude im trying to buy them off of doesn't seem to know the offset. He sent me some pics of the stamped #'s from the inside of the wheel but i dont see anything that ends in mm. They were on a STS and they didn't rub for him. Whats the word on these wheels working for me then? Thanks guys i really need the help.

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
pics from inside the wheel if you guys see anything indicating offset and know if it will work on CTS please let me know.

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
34? i got 18's that are 38 and Mr.Please said he had 22's with 38 no rub all good. So 34mm is on the edge of working? I was really trying not to roll the fenders, it often cracks paint right? Those foose wheels are damn cheap considering and they fit his STS w/ no prob why the issues with fittin' the CTS?

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS - white diamond on 22" tis 07's
821 Posts
man i don't know...

wish i could help.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just put 20x8.5's on my car with a 35mm offset but I'm running them on 245/30/20's. I've had them for a good two weeks now and not even one issue with rubbing at all. I must say, I was nervous but they seem to be absolutely fine.

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Half the reason im considering the wheel is because the tires come with,255/35 ZR20. thats taller then your tires BVD right? Shorter tires maybe the reason you have no prob.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS - white diamond on 22" tis 07's
821 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
$500.00 difference, Luv said his 20's have the 34 offset and they did rub until he rolled the fenders. Rollin' fenders cant possibly cost $500.00 I tryed to contact CTS Foose wheel guy to see if he'd come off some on the price. Its been 2 days no response. Looks like STS wheels and a baseball bat is in my future.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
$500.00 difference, Luv said his 20's have the 34 offset and they did rub until he rolled the fenders. Rollin' fenders cant possibly cost $500.00 I tryed to contact CTS Foose wheel guy to see if he'd come off some on the price. Its been 2 days no response. Looks like STS wheels and a baseball bat is in my future.
You can rent a professional fender roller. Google it. Heat the paint so it doesn't crack. Good luck with your 20s.

·
Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,654 Posts
think 4 millimeters different that is about :):) that wide (as wide as 2 smileys)
Depends upon your monitor and resolution. :p
2 smilies is roughly a centimeter (1cm is 10mm for those of us victimized by the US educational system) on my screen (20" set to 1280x1024) for example.

As for 20's on the CTS: don't do it. The car was not designed for that kind of unsprung mass. It has a poor effect on the handling, acceleration,and braking of the car and puts additional stress and wear on all parts associated with them. Subjectively, it could also be argued that the design of the car is not aesthetically pleasing with grotesquely ovrsized wheels. The open-ness of many large wheels will make the car appear to be sitting higher than normal.

Personally, I would suggest 18's and a more aggressive stance with an aftermarket sport suspension package. If we had wanted the responsiveness of rolling boats with gobs of chrome, we would have bought Escalades or DeVilles, right?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts