·
Registered
NONE
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a wheel size... and tire size

I have a 2003 CTS

CALLING ALL CTS FITMENT GURUS!!!

Right now i'm looking at 2 different sizes...

19x9+40 rear, 19x8 +40 front

and

19x10 +40 rear, 19x8.5 +40 front

3 things

1. i will run whatever tire it takes to make the 19x10 work (stretched is fine), give me suggestions
2. i will be lowering the car with the 1.2 inch sportline drop.
3. i would love to see pics of 19x9's and 19x10's in the rear (similar offset obviously) and your thoughts.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans
39 Posts
As I'm new here too, I can't offer advice on what size tire, but how about a wheel option?

These are my choice, if only I didn't live in an $800 a wheel eating pothole filled wasteland...

·
Registered
NONE
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As I'm new here too, I can't offer advice on what size tire, but how about a wheel option?

These are my choice, if only I didn't live in an $800 a wheel eating pothole filled wasteland...
I appreciate the suggestion for the style of wheel but that is not what i am seeking. I am very familiar with JLine wheels. Jline is a subsidiary of a much larger wheel MFG. geared towards the japanese and other various streetcar enthusiasts.

The reality of most forged wheels is that they all look the same due to their incapabilities to do much with the machines that cut the forged billet.

800.00 a wheel isn't cheap.. but you should expect to pay that much if you intend on running wheels of that caliber..

if you have time, check out these outrageous prices...

www.fabulous.co.jp

i used to own two sets of those (not to brag) and they were super expensive but they did their job and came in sizes that i specifically wanted... I'm not looking to spend that kind of money on wheels anymore, i'm over the "wow-factor" of owning a 4k set of wheels and since the car will never see the track i don't need something that will lower the chances of me dyign at 120mph.

anyhow, thanks for th pic, but lets get this back on topic. I'm totally new to Cadillacs and i want to find out if those wheels will clear and what tires i should run.

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
just to let you know, that if you do a 19x10 with a drop, you may damage your tires when going over bumps...i personally tore 2 brand new tires up with some 20x9.5 rims and i have no drop on my car...

·
Registered
NONE
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
20x9.5... what was the offset.. and not to start a rant... but why doesn't anyone ever give the offset when they are talking about wheels? if it were a 20x9.5 +60 it wouldn't damage the tires now would it??? Then again, it probably wouldnt clear the shocks.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
the 20x9.5 offset was a +35 that i had...it is suggest that we use anywhere from a +30 to +40 something offset...if you are willing to use a _60 and it works, then go for it

·
Registered
NONE
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
...it is suggest that we use anywhere from a +30 to +40 something offset...

that is all relative to the width of the wheell... an 18x12 +40 would probably hit the sturt... do you get what i am saying?

Do you see why its important to display width and offset?

Anyway, back on topic.. you said you ran a 20x9.5 +35 and it damaged the tires over bumps without even lowring the car

1. what size tires were you running?

2. do you think a 20x9.5 +45 would have solved the problem?

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
i was running 245/35 tires and had i had a +45 offset, it still would have ate my tires up...if i can find the pics i will post them for you of how much tire i lost...

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
you asked if i would have been running +45...you read a few post up, i just answered the question you asked...i know what i said i was running

1 - 12 of 12 Posts