Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 95 4.9liter deville. I tried looking for some info, but haven't learned anythign yet. Are there any performance upgrades for this car other than exhaust, intake, and chip? What type of engine is it, Northstar? What other cars share this engine?

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
The 4.9 is a solid engine and a nice starting place for mods. It is NOT a Northstar and that may, or may not be a good thing depending on your views. I will tell you that the 4.9 is a more reliable engine but far less powerful. I'd probably just do the intake, exhaust and chip mods like you said, and see where that gets you.

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
I have a 1991 4.9, good power. I am disappointed that K&N does not make a performance filtercharger for our engines. I had one on my 1991 Grand Marquis and boy could it climb hills and pass other cars with it. Ralph

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
They don't make one for my car either but the one for an Impala SS is identical so that's what I used. You can do the same thing by finding a car that they DO make one for and then just adapting it to your car, or you can fabricate the ducting with PVC pipe from Home Depot and then just mount the filter on it.

·
Registered
'93 Sixty Special
303 Posts
They have a K&N panel filter for the '92 Seville with the 4.9L.
Part number is 33-2086. I believe the airbox is the same size on any car with the 4.9L, but I'm not 100% certain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts