Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do all my own work. What kit do I need? 2" front 3" rear. I have an 03 AWD with the air ride rear, does that need tot be disabled?

Thanks, I did a search and found nothing.
MAtt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
pierceman said:
I do all my own work. What kit do I need? 2" front 3" rear. I have an 03 AWD with the air ride rear, does that need tot be disabled?

Thanks, I did a search and found nothing.
MAtt

Hello Matt. I just got my 03 AWD Escalade and Im also looking for a lowering kit that my brother could install. I've found "Ground Force", but I haven't been able to reach the company. I'll have to keep cking to see if there's anything else out there.
 

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
Joined
·
1,576 Posts
Try Stillen.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ground force seems to be the way to go. Or you can go with an Eibach spring in the rear with kyb shocks, either way the front is lowered by the torsion bars.
Matt
 

·
Registered
just one
Joined
·
1,386 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
pierceman said:
thanks mad...Stillen.com 425.00, 2" front 3" rear took about 3 hours total, very easy with instructions, I did not use the front links, they are over kill.

pics here
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138266
Pierceman,

looks very hot. I want to drop mine as well. I've been looking at the Eibech (sp?) ground fource set up, with Billstein shocks. I know the Escalade will always be a truck, but did the new springs help tighten up the handling at all? I think the ride is good already but .... like anything else, it can always be that much better. Comments? Anyone out there added an aftermarket sway bar?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ride is about the same, looking back on it, the eibach set up might be cheaper because you do not need the extra torsion parts provided in the ground force kit ( although recomended, a pain in the ass to put in and very dangerous without the right tools) just turn the fronts screws down on the torsion holders till they are just above the frame rail and be sure to cut your bump stops in half. The sway bars I highly recomend to help eliminate the wishy washy side to side motion, they run about 200 each from Hellwig (sp.)

but to sum up ride is the same.

side note:
I did have a big shake in the front end after a tire rotation at about 45mph, it turned out to be a tire separation :crying: I hope it is warrantied though toyo.
Matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
on second thought though, the front torsion end link would allow you to stiffen up the front a bit more and allow for more adjustment to the front end, but again, a major pain and dangerous to put on.
MAtt
 

·
Registered
2003 EXT, 2006 EXT, 2009 EXT, 2013 EXT, End of the Line
Joined
·
35 Posts
pierceman said:
on second thought though, the front torsion end link would allow you to stiffen up the front a bit more and allow for more adjustment to the front end, but again, a major pain and dangerous to put on.
MAtt
I have an 03 EXT that I would like to lower in the rear only. Just looking to have a level stance. Do you think just using the rear springs
from the stillen kit would accomplish this. What about the auto loadleveling air shocks. My fear would be that the air shocks would just jack up the rear end again? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
JS
 

·
Registered
2003 EXT, 2006 EXT, 2009 EXT, 2013 EXT, End of the Line
Joined
·
35 Posts
js73751 said:
I have an 03 EXT that I would like to lower in the rear only. Just looking to have a level stance. Do you think just using the rear springs
from the stillen kit would accomplish this. What about the auto loadleveling air shocks. My fear would be that the air shocks would just jack up the rear end again? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
JS
bumping to the top
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Not to bump an old thread. But I was going to get the 2/3 kit with 20" rims. Would 305/50/20 tires work and does anyone have pictues of a lowered escalade with 20' rims?
Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
U Need To Go With The Mcgaughys Lowering Kit. It Will Ride The Smoothest. I Have Had Both The Ground Force And The Mcgaughys And The Mcg Is Way Better.
 

·
Registered
2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS
Joined
·
2,860 Posts
2004 said:
:suspect: This thread is almost a year old.:suspense:
yeah, but it has good info that people will probably still want to know. so instead of cluttering up a server with a bunch of posts on the same thing, we can have jsut this one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
Yes i would like to just lower the rear of my EXT is there a Cheap way to have this done? its a lease & i really dont wanna spend 500.00 on a lowering kit.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top