Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a promotion yesterday which means I'm getting a significant raise. My dad is hounding me to get a new car and even though I love my Caddy more than anything, I think it would make sense financially to up to a new car. My interest rate right now isn't too hot on my SLS because I had little credit established when I bought my car. Damn, I wish I had a garage or an extra parking spot so I could keep my SLS...but I don't. It is now looking for a new owner who will take care of it and love it like I did. I'm warming up to the idea of a new car though...

I decided to post this because of Sal's post so here goes. I'm thinking that I'm probably going to get an `03 model at an excellent discount. Obviously I might want a better car than the below list but this is what I will be able to afford...23-32k range. Below in no specific order are cars I will be considering. I'm not going with a Caddy because they depreciate too quickly, plus its out of my range and I have my whole life to drive a Black DTS. :cool:

I'm looking for a 4 door sedan with power that I can get at a discounted price. I also want a good discount since I'll be getting an `03 model and that should point me more in the American Car's direction even though I'm trying to give the foreign cars a shot here. I would consider Lexus but I don't think they are in my price range, no biggy there. I'm 6'7'' which plays a factor tooo.... Also, I'm not in a huge hurry, this should all happen in the next couple months (year end) and I have to sell my beloved SLS (HK2) first.:crying: I'll put that on the for sale site pretty soon...its a gem and I'll be selling it for a bargain probably.

The working list:

Nissan Altima 3.5
Acura 3.2TL
Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
Lincoln LS
Mercury Marauder
Chrysler 300m
 

·
Watching the Watchers
Joined
·
5,959 Posts
Well Im about 6'10-6'11'. With that list I would think the Maurauder would be the best choice, you will probably fit fine in all of them, but "fitting" is something completely different from driving day in and day out. Ive driven all of them on there except the Acura and Nissan. Gran Prix, cool car, not big enough. LS, Ditto. 300M, no power, not big enough inside(narrow footwell for size 15's). Marauder, underwhelming interior, not a lot of off-the-line power but tons of potential for mods. Probably decent discounts too, of your choices I would go with that. The GTO seems like a pretty reasonable choice, its gonna be close to the range you want and although it may be a little small inside, 350 hp makes up for a lot
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brett said:
Well Im about 6'10-6'11'. With that list I would think the Maurauder would be the best choice, you will probably fit fine in all of them, but "fitting" is something completely different from driving day in and day out. Ive driven all of them on there except the Acura and Nissan. Gran Prix, cool car, not big enough. LS, Ditto. 300M, no power, not big enough inside(narrow footwell for size 15's). Marauder, underwhelming interior, not a lot of off-the-line power but tons of potential for mods. Probably decent discounts too, of your choices I would go with that. The GTO seems like a pretty reasonable choice, its gonna be close to the range you want and although it may be a little small inside, 350 hp makes up for a lot
Right now I like Acura TL first
Maurauder second
Nissan Altima 3.5 third

I've driven 0 of them though so that will change soon. Shopping will be fun as hell though.

But it is a working list...any one got suggestions. I'm going to the GYM but I'll be back later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
I'm currently looking to buy a new car also, and my 4 door most probable choice, is the mitsu lancer evolution. It goes 0-60mph in 4.7 secs, and the 1/4 mile in 12 high. Plus it's awd, and has all the basic ammenities. My caddy ('03 ESV) stays, it wolud be an upgrade to my '98 t-am.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,651 Posts
Damn! We've got the makings of a pretty good front line @ 6'7" and 6'11" !!!! :D

I already posted this in Sal's thread about "your next car" but here it is again.

http://www.acura.com/models/model_index.asp?module=tl

AJ, If you don't go with a 2004, I highly recommend a 2003 TL Type-S. Very, very nice. I don't recommend the RL, I had one a few years ago, and it's pretty bland. But it is comfortable.

And instead of the Altima, why not consider the new Infiniti? They have a model that is very comparable. I think the overall build quality would be much better as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
433 Posts
MY mother has an '03 TL and loves it. I've driven it, and it's a very nice Honda. Wicked nice seats. Very comfy. Accelerates well, but has some torque steer. She absolutely loves the car though. Couldn't be happier.

You may want to add the Infiniti G30 to the list though. Just go look at them. Drive one. Sold. :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,971 Posts
I dunno... if you like your STS, just keep it. No one needs more payments...

If you have to get a new car... I have no idea about any of them, since it's a good 10 years until I might be able to afford a car that's new now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,658 Posts
GET A G35..... If you havent seen/sat in one, you dont know what their like.....

At the most recent NICO meet, there were 7 G35s there.... Assorted colors and bodystyles.....

The G35 sedan is HOT, comfy, and powerful...... Plus, if you need more GO, you can get a stillen supercharger......! GOLDEN!!!!!!

If your still interested in a G35, I can hook you up for a SIGNIFICANT discount..... SIGNIFICANT!!! Please email me.... [email protected] .....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,658 Posts
If you bumped it up to like, say 38k, I could get you in a decently loaded Q45 or M45.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
989 Posts
OMG if I had a black G35 sport coupe, I'd cream myself everyday. Those things are gnarly. And then if you put the S/C on. OHHHHHH SUPERCHARGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,105 Posts
Something tells me you got tired of fixing the Caddy Air, judging by some of your more recent posts? I don't think you will go wrong with the Acura TL, I haven't driven it either, but the smaller models always seem to have a lot of head room. The stereo is the new DVD-Audio with 8 speaker surround sound! It is supposed to be so incredible that you can hear fingers slide on a guitar string! Plus, they come fully loaded ie: side airbags, auto-climate, etc. You can order Brembo brakes, navigation system, etc. Just don't expect a light colored interior with a lighter colored car, you are pretty much limited to black. The styling is very unique and I already see too many G35's.
 

·
Watching the Watchers
Joined
·
5,959 Posts
Ralph said:
I already see too many G35's.
You aint kidding my neighborhood is absolutely overflowing with those things. Nice car, but WAY to common around here. you'd think they were Camrys
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,805 Posts
Brett said:
You aint kidding my neighborhood is absolutely overflowing with those things. Nice car, but WAY to common around here. you'd think they were Camrys
Hey airjigga,

I would go with the GTP or the merc. Stay with american. Plus both cars are mean looking and have the power to back it up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
davesdeville said:
I dunno... if you like your STS, just keep it. No one needs more payments...

If you have to get a new car... I have no idea about any of them, since it's a good 10 years until I might be able to afford a car that's new now.
Oh my god, last night it wouldn't let me post from home...I was so pissed.


Well i already pay 402 a month and since I'm trying to pay it off quicker because i have a high interest rate, I pay about 500-600 a month as it is. This move is all financial...getting rid of interest rate and lowering liability...thats why I need a warrantee.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
elwesso said:
GET A G35..... If you havent seen/sat in one, you dont know what their like.....

At the most recent NICO meet, there were 7 G35s there.... Assorted colors and bodystyles.....

The G35 sedan is HOT, comfy, and powerful...... Plus, if you need more GO, you can get a stillen supercharger......! GOLDEN!!!!!!

If your still interested in a G35, I can hook you up for a SIGNIFICANT discount..... SIGNIFICANT!!! Please email me.... [email protected] .....
Hey, I'll take a look at the G35. I like the looks of them a lot and unlike Ralph's comment, I haven't seen too many in the Boston area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ralph said:
Something tells me you got tired of fixing the Caddy Air, judging by some of your more recent posts? I don't think you will go wrong with the Acura TL, I haven't driven it either, but the smaller models always seem to have a lot of head room. The stereo is the new DVD-Audio with 8 speaker surround sound! It is supposed to be so incredible that you can hear fingers slide on a guitar string! Plus, they come fully loaded ie: side airbags, auto-climate, etc. You can order Brembo brakes, navigation system, etc. Just don't expect a light colored interior with a lighter colored car, you are pretty much limited to black. The styling is very unique and I already see too many G35's.
Its true I want to fix my car less but right now it is running perfectly. The motor is in its prime. My heart wants to keep it but my brain tells me to move on (oh yeah, my dad won't shut up about me getting a new car). I don't mind dark colored interior on cars, thats what I have right now!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
JJhomer83 said:
Hey airjigga,

I would go with the GTP or the merc. Stay with american. Plus both cars are mean looking and have the power to back it up.
Yeah the Marauder is probably the meanest looking car made. They're giving huge discounts on them and I think it would be pretty bad ass to own. But I'm unbiased towards foreign cars so i'm definitely going to go with one of them if I like the product for the money. The Acura TL and Infiniti G35 are definitely going to get test driven...

Any car I make an offer on will be a 2003 with a good discount...if you don't get a good discount these days, then you're not that smart.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,302 Posts
AirJigga25 said:
I got a promotion yesterday which means I'm getting a significant raise. My dad is hounding me to get a new car and even though I love my Caddy more than anything, I think it would make sense financially to up to a new car. My interest rate right now isn't too hot on my SLS because I had little credit established when I bought my car. Damn, I wish I had a garage or an extra parking spot so I could keep my SLS...but I don't. It is now looking for a new owner who will take care of it and love it like I did. I'm warming up to the idea of a new car though...

I decided to post this because of Sal's post so here goes. I'm thinking that I'm probably going to get an `03 model at an excellent discount. Obviously I might want a better car than the below list but this is what I will be able to afford...23-32k range. Below in no specific order are cars I will be considering. I'm not going with a Caddy because they depreciate too quickly, plus its out of my range and I have my whole life to drive a Black DTS. :cool:

I'm looking for a 4 door sedan with power that I can get at a discounted price. I also want a good discount since I'll be getting an `03 model and that should point me more in the American Car's direction even though I'm trying to give the foreign cars a shot here. I would consider Lexus but I don't think they are in my price range, no biggy there. I'm 6'7'' which plays a factor tooo.... Also, I'm not in a huge hurry, this should all happen in the next couple months (year end) and I have to sell my beloved SLS (HK2) first.:crying: I'll put that on the for sale site pretty soon...its a gem and I'll be selling it for a bargain probably.

The working list:

Nissan Altima 3.5
Acura 3.2TL
Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
Lincoln LS
Mercury Marauder
Chrysler 300m
Get back your height
We sold our 98 Grand Prix to get our STS the Grand Prixhad a sunroof and I could just seat in it the leg is better than the STS ( if I could get rid of the the left foot rest I probably OK)
Seat in a 04 GTP with a sunroof and I do not think I could drive it long as the hair on top of my head would be gone( I need to save all I have)
I would just drive the SLS until it dies
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,971 Posts
AirJigga25 said:
Well i already pay 402 a month and since I'm trying to pay it off quicker because i have a high interest rate, I pay about 500-600 a month as it is. This move is all financial...getting rid of interest rate and lowering liability...thats why I need a warrantee.
I don't see how getting a new car is good financially. You may get a better interest rate but you'll be in the hole for longer and end up paying alot more.. but if you have to get a new car, I'd say marauder. my friends neighbor let my friend drive their new Marauder, it was overall a good, solid feeling car.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
14 Participants
elwesso
Top