Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum but have been lurking in the shadows now and again when my itch to get a CTS overpowers me. Well lucky me!! My old car is paid, and I am finally truly ready for a CTS.

This is what I think I am going to get in the 07 model
3.6L V6 18" WHEEL PERFORMANCE PKG
3.6L V6 LUXURY PACKAGE
AUTO TRANS
INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM with nav
Black raven with full ebony leather seats.

The problems I am having about placing my order:
1. Is their a better year/model with these features that I should consider?
2. Why can't I get the 18" Wheel Sport Appearance Package??? I want everything it comes with.
3. IPOD hookup is a must. I hear that GM is going to make an accessory for less than $200. Does anybody have any firm knowledge if this will work on current radios? I don’t want to go aftermarket if I can avoid it.
4. My wife and I both like the V look and ride, but she will be the primary driver and she has a heavy traffic commute to work. Therefore she does not want the manual trans. This leaves me with the knowledge that I have to modify the brand new car. So here is the question. Has anyone actually used d3's services? The car the have on their add looks tight. If not then I guess I will go with the CTS-V bumper and STS-V fogs on the front. Not sure about the back yet.

Thanks John

·
Registered
CTS
36 Posts
I just picked up my 07' 3.6L CTS Lux & 17" Sport w/ sunroof.

It was my impression that you are not able to get the Nav system with 18" Sport package for some bizzare reason. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
I just picked up my 07' 3.6L CTS Lux & 17" Sport w/ sunroof.

It was my impression that you are not able to get the Nav system with 18" Sport package for some bizzare reason. I could be wrong though.
That's correct. It's do the tire pressure monitors. I wouldn't get that package and later add my own custom 18" wheels.

·
Registered
2004 CTS
474 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac 09 CTS-V Crystal Red Tintcoat
284 Posts
That's correct. It's do the tire pressure monitors.
I really don't understand this. The V comes standard with DVD Nav and it has TPS.:confused:

I say get the 18" wheel package and the sport appearence package and go with an aftermarket nav radio. I wouldn't give up the sport suspension and all the rest for a nav unit.

·
Registered
Cadillac
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used the build it now feature on Cadillac’s web site. The only option I could not choose was the 18" appearance package. It let me get the performance package with the nav system.

I plan on ordering it this week or next week. The order contract is going to be the wife’s x-mass gift

Any word on the Ipod accessory?

Has anybody used anything other than the V bumper for a mod. If so post some photos and give me some feedback. I want to change out the bumpers and not sure just what to get yet.

John

·
Registered
2002 Cadillac Escalade, 2006 Cadillac CTS
171 Posts
OK Guys here is the deal...

The V has the tire pressure displayed in the instrument cluster. And that is why you can get the Nav option.

The 18 Wheel performance package displays the tire pressure on the DIC. For some reason it is not compatible with the Nav system and that is why it is not an option.

The performance packge comes with more than 18" wheels... suspension, brakes are upgraded and so is steering.

Hope this helps... if you MUST have the nav unit, you will have to get the 17" or the base model and then add the $$$$ for the mods... I can care less for the OEM Nav as I know where I am going... but again if you go to unfamiliar places a lot, it is a nice thing to have.

·
Registered
Cadillac
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok this is what I am doing

The 17" sport and lux package.

The factory nav is the way to go. Its easier to put the other stuff on aftermarket, rather than custom build the indash nav and mod up all the inside of the car.

Thanks for everyones input.

Is it me or is gm a disapointment lately. Seems like they are playing catch up to all the other car companies.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
That is corect I have a special going on now through me.. If you want one lets place a order or take one out of my stock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts