Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I finally got the cash! And I am going to buy a new car.
I really like the CTS. I really want to buy the car. Thing is I keep reading here about all the rear differential problems. I know the car will be under warranty, but still not something I would want to put up with. So my question is ... do the 06 CTS have the same rear diff problems? If so, why would I or anyone else want to buy this car??

I have test drove a 3.6 CTS and it was smooth as can be. No noises whatsever.

·
Registered
CTS
1,485 Posts
nakoi said:
I really like the CTS. I really want to buy the car. Thing is I keep reading here about all the rear differential problems. I know the car will be under warranty, but still not something I would want to put up with. So my question is ... do the 06 CTS have the same rear diff problems? If so, why would I or anyone else want to buy this car??

I'm still of the opinion that the rear diff issue is really a non-issue. There are a LOT of CTS owners who haven't had any problems whatsoever.

DON'T LET THE DIFFERENTIAL STOP YOU FROM BUYING A CTS!!!! It will be under warranty anyway!!!

·
Registered
2002 Cadillac Escalade, 2006 Cadillac CTS
171 Posts
nakoi said:

Before you enter a dealership with your cash.. check out these sites:

www.carbuyingtips.com

www.fightingchance.com

I bought a 2006 3.6l with everything on it but the Bose system and got it a 1000 bucks below invoice!

You will love the car!

·
Registered
CTS
1,756 Posts
nakoi said:

Aside from the differential problem - and it is a problem irrespective of what anyone may say (and the '06 uses the same unit) - it's not a bad car. Not a great car, mind you, but kinda neat looking & handles nearly as well as a good German car.

I've an appointment to have our 4th differential (23,700 miles on the car) installed next week... We do not, repeat, not, abuse this car - we are retired & don't demand a heck of a lot from our car. That said, this is our last CTS as we've found it too unreliable to meet our needs - we've already purchased a replacement & this turkey is on blocks...

·
Banned
Cadillac
1,884 Posts
No, Diff problems here.... Drove this car as a demo since 02 when it came out. Now leasing a 2006.....

If you need some advice on buying PM me. I work for a Cadillac dealer....

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD, Platinum Ice
218 Posts
I just got mine last week- an 06 with automatic, sunroof, DVD/NAV/ Bose, and 3.6 V6 luxury pkg. Granted, it only has 450 miles on it now, and I guess I do have some minor reservations regarding the differential. However, I LOVE the car- it's very solid, rides and handles very well, and has very good acceleration. I got mine in the White Diamond color with the Cashmere interior. I would recommend it. I got it for:

MSRP: $ 42,370
Invoice: $38,xxx

What I paid: $36,900 including the chrome exhaust tips and a wood trim package that was a throw in (already on the car that I didn't have to pay for). I then got 4 year financing at 3.9% APR. Cadillac is having very good end of the year deals. The price I paid is ~ 4% over the Consumer Reports wholesale value on the car, so I was right on target in terms of the price I paid. I say go for it!

·
Registered
NONE
85 Posts
I would buy one if they would come in. Apparently there are 6 speed CTS out there, my deal just has trouble getting them in. As soon as they do I would buy it!!!

It is getting down to the wire too I just sold my car...

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
I've got 42000 miles on my very early '02 (2/02 build date) Luxury/Sport and I do burn the tires on occassion. I bought it from my dealer with 400 miles on it, 18 months ago, and drive 500 miles a week. No noises from my diff. I've got the extended warranty, so I really don't car if it fails.

The only problem I've ever had with the car was water in the rear bezel, which was replaced with the newer painted style under warranty. I've only got the 3.2L 5 speed manual, but having an extra overdrive would be nice on the highway. I can only imagine how much fun a modded 3.6L with the 6 speed manual would be. They're hard to come by, and may need to be special ordered. Most dealers play the odds, and 90% to 95% of Cadillac buyers only want autos.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts