Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
STS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 Cadillac STS. My key fob's buttons quit working today. The keyless entry on the doors still work by pulling the handle to unlock the car, and the car still detects the key fob and allows me to start it. However, the unlock/lock/trunk/alarm buttons all do not work. There is no response from the car what so ever. I attempted at reprogramming the key fob completely, but no luck. I thought it could be the RCDLR module in the trunk, considering how it is just the buttons that are not working. Or I figured it could just be an old key fob. I just do not want to buy a key fob if it is not going to work. Please advise me on any helpful information on how to solve this problem.

·
Registered
STS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I successfully replaced the old battery (only 4 months old) with a brand new one.

----------

Also, the batter is a CR2032 Lithium 3V battery.

·
Registered
2010 STS V8 AWD
1 Posts
I had the same problem. I replaced the battery, no change. Took to the stealership, and had it tested, replaced the battery again! Works great now. 2 new batteries I bought were no good! Go figure?

·
Registered
2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE
8,178 Posts
There's a site that accumulates manufacturer specs on CR2032's. Panasonic & Energizer are the best.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts