Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1980coupe(diesel), 1989deville, 2004escalade, 2004dts,
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2004 DTS. My wife went to work the other night the heat was blowing just fine, but when she came out on break to sit in the car, the blowers wouldnt work, front or rear. it still heats but neither of the blowers will work. i was wondering if there are any fuses, relays etc... that would make both stop working at the same time. i can hear the front one turning ever so quietly. also the rear control display just flashes. anyone else having this problem? i couldnt find anything in the threads and want to avoid the only caddy dealer in town because i seem to get my car back in worse shape every time.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,543 Posts
Check the fuses. Check the ground behind the passengers side kick panel. Give the blower a rap. If that starts it, you need to replace it.

·
Registered
1980coupe(diesel), 1989deville, 2004escalade, 2004dts,
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey basscatt ive got a total of 12 codes, only 1 is current the rest are history. they are as follows; CHASSIS CODES ABS/ C1221(HISTORY)left front wheel speed sensor input signal is 0 C1225(HISTORY)left front excessive wheel speed variaton C1287(HISTORY)right rear excessive wheel speed variation BODY CODES IPM/ B0429(CURRENT)temp control #3 rear circuit range/performance B1004(HISTORY)keep alive memory(KAM) MSM/ B1327(HISTORY)vehicle system voltage below 9volts B1860(HISTORY)driver lumbar vert sensor circuit malfunction VTD/ B3055(HISTORY)key not present POWERTRAIN CODES PCM/ P0335(HISTORY)ckp sensor A circuit performance P0385(HISTORY)crankshaft position(CKP) sensor B circuit P1122(HISTORY)throttle position(TP) sensor circuit intermittent low voltage NETWORK CODES IRC/ U1016(HISTORY)loss of class2 communication with VCM, ALSO FOR THIS SAME CODE(U1016)loss of communications with PCM. I hope this information is what you were needing, thank you for your help.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
20,213 Posts
OK - the good news is that most - if not all those codes were probably triggered by a LOW VOLTAGE condition at some point - at this time - clear all the codes and see if any return -

the blower motors are not monitored - so they would not set codes -
but if the controller malfunctioned - it would set codes -
the good news - no codes - means the blower problem is probably within the blower -

go back and read Ranger's post - #2 -

the known common problems are worn brushes in the blower motor -
and bad grounds -

if it turns out to be a bad blower motor - amazon.com has great prices -
and you will be happy to know -
replacing the blower motor on your car
is probably the easiest part on the entire car to replace -
well - almost -

1 - 7 of 7 Posts