Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Cts sport edition.
I swapped engines, I put a 2005 Cts 3.6 engine in it. Its at a shop right now they just called me yesterday and told me they couldn't get it to the. On. Other mechanics also tryed and couldn't manage to do it.they can seem to find the problem and I already invested to much money to let it go. There having problems with car turning on ecm is programmed to the car but just turns and stalls. Could it be the engine is not compatible with the settings in the ecm for the 2007 Cts 3.6. the ecm is for a 2007 engine Cts 3.6 with vin programmed. And engine is 2005 Cts 3.6.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
7,960 Posts
(1) Moved from the '04-07 CTS-V forum to the '03-07 CTS forum. You're more likely to get the help you need from your fellow V6 CTS owners.
(2) For future reference, try to make your thread title somewhat descriptive so other forum members know what it's about. Forum members are less likely to open a thread if they have no idea what it's about and thus have no idea if they have anything they can contribute to the discussion. A generic title like "Heellppp!!!" is pretty useless.
(3) Proofread your posts. As it is right now, it says, "Its at a shop right now they just called me yesterday and told me they couldn't get it to the. On." No idea what that's supposed to mean or how anyone is supposed to help you if you don't state what the problem is. I'm sure it's autocorrect's fault, right?

So, what is the problem? Did you install the engine, or did the shop install the engine? Why was a replacement engine installed? Where did the engine come from, and are you sure it was running before? Whoever did the install, did they transfer all the sensors and wiring and stuff from the original engine on to the replacement?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mechanic installed engine not the shop,he did not swap any sensors only wiring harness. Original engine blew headgasket. It came from 2005 Cts 3.6 manual transmission. Engine was running good in the 2005 . It's there a possibility the sensors on the 2005 are different and maybe some other parts on the engine from my 2007?

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,785 Posts
Wait what?

I understand an 05 3.6 engine was swapped into an 07 CTS.
What I don’t understand is what went with the engine.

Lets put it this way...
Did any sensors follow the engine? Yes or no?
If yes, what sensor(s) followed the engine?

Did any harness follow the engine? Yes or no?
If yes, what harness(es) followed?

Did any computer(s) followed the engine? Yes or no?
If yes, which computer(s) followed?

Did the ignition coils follow the engine? Yes or no?
If yes, did they all follow?

Have there been any checking of the fuses?

Have there been any checking of air gaps in the air intake? Many people have had problems after installing a new air filter. All because the enclosure left a gap on the underside of the housing. Opening the housing for the air filter will show this.

KOT

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They took off the engine off the 05 and as is it was installed in my 07, all original from 05. Wiring harness from 05 all sensors from 05 all coils from 05 nothing removed or replaced. Also FYI 05 Cts 3.6 manual transmission and 07 Cadillac CTS 3.6 sport edition automatic transmission.

·
Registered
17 xt5 & Blk 05 cts-v
2,470 Posts
Sounds like you may need a custom tune. I would also look into the theft deterrent system. The key may need to be programed again to the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Key programmed, theft cleared, and I heard a custom tune may solve the problem. So just to be clear a custom tune can be programmed into the original ecm?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts