Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1995 SLS, 1996 STS
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how I can get the interior lights above the doors to turn off? The doors are closed shut all the way. The car is off. The lights don't turn off. This is going to drain my battery, no? I just picked the car up from my mechanic. I have no idea how long it's been like this.

Is there a fuse I can remove?

Thanks.

·
Registered
'87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)
3,703 Posts
There should be a fuse you can pull, just look for one labeled Dome lamp, or whatever. If they're staying on even with the switch in the Off position, then you've likely got some kind of short in the dome lamp circuit.

·
Registered
2001 DTS(140K), 2000 ETC(284K), 1990 allante( 80K)
1,915 Posts
can't you just push it and it will turn off.

also just pull the bulb. the plastic case pops out the one side and then slides the rest of the way.

·
Registered
1995 SLS, 1996 STS
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I push the buttons and they won't turn off. The lights under the dashboard don't turn off either. I managed to undo the lights above the doors and jam tape in there so that the button that turns the lights off and on stays off. I had a small friend of mine get under the dash and unscrew the bulbs.

But the problem obviously isn't fixed.

Thanks.

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
I would bet money on the fact that one of the switches in the door latch is stuck thus telling the car that the door is open. I bet the auto locks don't work either.

If that's the case, go around and soak the latches with WD40 or something of the sort. Work the doors open and closed. The problem should go away. Pulling the fuse will most likely affect other things in the car.

·
Registered
1995 SLS, 1996 STS
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll try that. Thank you. It does appear that one of the doors isn't closing all the way. I mean, it closes and locks and all of that, but it doesn't feel like it's really locked in like the other doors. Maybe that's it.

Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts