Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I finally figured out how to find my codes. I have a 2001 DHS and these are the codes I retrieved:

U1064, U1065, U1164, U1016 & C0658.

I read what the codes are, but it is all foreign to me. Can someone please enlighten me on their meaning in lay terms.

Also, I mentioned in an earlier post that the service steering sys light is on. When I turn the steering wheel to the left, I hear a rubbing sound.

Thanks.....

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
The U codes are communication codes. Whether or not they mean anything has to do with what module they are in and whether or not you have a problem related to the loss of communication. To be frank, I usually ignore U codes unless they are related specifically to a complaint.

The C0658 has to do with the level control compressor control circuitry.
Are you having problems with the level ride system?

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I've had several problems with my caddy as of late. I am not a happy cadillac owner these days :-(

You ask if i am having problems with the level ride system. Does this have anything to do with the stability system? I guess I should ask my husband, but he isn't very mechanical. I've had dummy lights every so often telling me to service stability system, but it only last a short time. This was while I had strut problems. I would have service steering sys and stability sys.....intermittedly.

I've also had problems with my car not starting at times. Maybe that is the loss of communication codes. Any help would be wonderful.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
If the level ride is not working properly it could affect the stability system.
The computer may know that the car cannot maintain proper ride height.
It looks like that is what is turning on your light.

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Again, thanks so very much. My current problem is trying to figure out why the steering light is on. I hope it isn't something that is going to cost me an arm and a leg.

Already spent lots on my struts, as the first shop put the bearing on incorrectly and I finally took to a dealership and they did it correct. I lost on that deal but learned not to take it to a certain independent shop!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts