Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so a few weeks ago I heard this loud bang from the back of my car and I lost all drive. So I look under the car and i see the driver's side axle has poped out. I get the car towed home and yesterday i got it up in the air and I noticed that it was more then just the CV that poping out of the diff.

There is a little metal ring with holes around it where the axle goes in to the diff. and this part has also poped out of the diff.

My question is what is this part and can I just put it back in the diff our do i need a new diff?

·
Registered
13,969 Posts
that's the axle seal... not a very expensive part ... i suggest your local dealership since the discount i could offer you would be less than the shipping costs (unless you think your dealer is marking the part up excessively)

·
Registered
CTS-V
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sent you a PM

My local dealership was only asking 20$ for the part and they had one in stock so I got one

·
Registered
13,969 Posts
[your PM inbox/outbox is full so here's the response to your msg]

the cover that the seal goes into? #20?? (and you'll probably want the seal also, #21, right?)

seal #89058617 - $15.66 (list) - $10.00 (your price)
cover #19256182 - $136.95 (list) - $98.00 (your price)

i'll have to order them (probably take a few days for me to get)
and shipping to you will cost a little bit (i can get a rough estimate if you get me your zipcode)

also can you get me your VIN just so I can double check and make sure we've got the right parts looked up here?

cheers,
chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts