Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
deville
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
how do i clear the codes out so my a/c compressor will come on i look i cant find the codes..

i replace the rings and the compressor

we made sure the old stuff was out moist etc everything was check i have no leaks

i put what r134a in

my air not turning on its blowing hot my god please help

·
Registered
92 Deville
548 Posts
One of the stickies at the top of the page tells how to do it.
I got to read it myself to get rid of that code 12 I corrected today.

·
Registered
1994 (4.9) & 1997 (4.6) Deville
77 Posts
Hold off and warmer for two seconds, until everything lights up then release. It will cycle through all current and historical fault codes, by system. There are 6-8 systems? Anyway hit DOWN fan speed to cycle through anything, and UP fan speed acts like the enter key, to go into a system. If you want to back out to the main page then just hit OFF once at a time, and it will back you out of that particular system. To stop everything, press the recirculate button, or turn off the key, and it will take you out completely. Write down any code it spits out. Then you probably will want to go to ACP (air conditioning computer?) and it will say codes, 1. hit up to get into ACP, 2. codes: up, 3. write down errors, 4. off button, 5. down key, 6. clear codes: up key. = codes cleared. 7. recirculate button = takes you out of system.

You could also disconnect the negative battery post and this will reset the A/C Logic. But make sure the key is off, or you run the risk of damaging the PCM.

·
Registered
2011 Crown Vic LX, 2009 Chevy Malibu 2LT
5,607 Posts
I'm guessing you are stuck because you can't add more freon since the compressor won't run. Either clear the codes as suggested or jump the low side pressure switch with a piece of wire or paper clip to engage the compressor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts