Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2003 DHS
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well not MY nuts, but the ones that go on the wiper arms of my 2003 DeVille. :yup:

I took off the caps and nuts in anticipation of replacing the wiper motor. Trouble is, when it came time to put it back together, I somehow misplaced the nuts & caps.

Until I can get to a junkyard this weekend, can someone tell me what the specs are on the windshield wiper nuts?? I know it took a 13mm socket, but what is
the thread style/pitch so I can get some at a hardware store on the way home?

Thanks,

Matt

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,793 Posts
I have the same problems. Put down a nut, screw or socket and the damned thing makes a break for it and takes off, never to be seen again. I have a few hiding in my garage as we speak. Damn I hate when that happens.

·
Registered
1995 Deville
164 Posts
I bought the magnetic bowls at Harbour Freight
Sometimes you can get them free with a coupon
What a great inexpensive investment
Now when I reach for my nuts (or bolt)
It's right where I left 'em
sure beats trying to find where they fell and fishing them out

·
Super Moderator
86,793 Posts
Yeah, I have a couple of those magnetic bowls. Great things (if you use them). My problem is usually I drop the damned thing and it does a disappearing act.

I was changing an IP bulb on my Road Runner this morning. Dropped it and it vanished. It's hiding under the dash snickering at this moment. I wrote it off and bought a new one.

·
Registered
1992 DeVille
2,339 Posts
Ranger said:
Yeah, I have a couple of those magnetic bowls. Great things (if you use them). My problem is usually I drop the damned thing and it does a disappearing act. I was changing an IP bulb on my Road Runner this morning. Dropped it and it vanished. It's hiding under the dash snickering at this moment. I wrote it off and bought a new one.
Glad I'm not the only one. I can usually find em tho thank the lord

·
Super Moderator
86,793 Posts
I was changing an IP bulb on my Road Runner this morning. Dropped it and it vanished. It's hiding under the dash snickering at this moment. I wrote it off and bought a new one.
The little bastard showed up on the floor today. It was NOT there yesterday. :annoyed:

·
Registered
2003 DHS
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Probably M8x1.25
Correct!!! Although they are not flanged or zinc plated (?) like the originals, I found substitutes at the local auto parts store - Dorman Part # 782-008

Gottem installed right before my wife drove the car for the first time (in a downpour). Talk about savin'g my nuts!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts