Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V 47k miles,CORSA Exhaust,Acc. Wheels, RIP '04 V
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I mentioned something about this before on the thread that was put up with the video of how our headlight washers work. Now it is really getting on my nerves. I thought that the washers were only supposed to activate when you used the windshield washers. But mine activate automatically almost every time I turn my headlights on and it is annoying the crap out of me because it is totally unnecessary. It is not quite every time, but I would say most of the time they go off when I just turn my headlights on.

Please help me figure out how to turn this off. Thanks!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sooo your saying that they are supposed to do that? Definately don't remember it ever happening on my 2004 I had before.

12,821 Posts
04CTS, I checked my resources for you and did find the following information on page 3-18 of your owners manual.

"If the headlamps are on when you wash the windshield,
the headlamp washers (if equipped) will turn on. Both
the windshield and the headlamps will be washed."

I apologize if this inconveniences you, but the headlamp washers clear the headlamp lenses so that you can get the maximum visibility and brightness from your headlamps. I recommend checking the “Headlamp Washers” section of your manual on page 3-19 for more information. And I'm happy to investigate further for you if you send me a private message through the forum!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
Platinum 06 CTS-V, kooks, magnaflow
639 Posts
obviously not supposed to do that. I'd look into pulling a fuse or disconnecting them somehow. Either that or replace the stalk(s) if you want to throw some money at it.

·
Registered
NONE
791 Posts
I'm guessing the wiper motor controller is bad. Call Luke at Lindsay and he can get you a new one. It runs about $100 and is typically responsible for all wiper/washer related oddities. Takes about 30 minutes to install.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I do still have till end of April on my bumper to bumper warranty. I just wanted to make sure that this wasn't normal. I read that part of the owners manual already but that does not describe what is happening. The headlight washers are activating just from turning on the headlights.

·
Registered
NONE
791 Posts
Yes I do still have till end of April on my bumper to bumper warranty. I just wanted to make sure that this wasn't normal. I read that part of the owners manual already but that does not describe what is happening. The headlight washers are activating just from turning on the headlights.
Not normal. Bring it in and let the warranty take care of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts