Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'03 CTS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been having a leak for past 18 months. Hours have been spent trying to find it. Here’s what it’s not: sunroof, windshield, door seals, or HVAC system. Turn on a little water on the roof seams (see pic)) results in water seeping through the body where the vertical interior body panel meets the horizontal floorboard both front and rear driver’s side.

2491C841-D3FE-4A5B-8D13-1E2068EBD966.jpeg 734BB23C-400B-4AFF-AB1A-3498054D690B.png A05745E7-C30B-4265-880F-CDDC15D26D9B.png C87805B7-83E9-4D38-8609-7D05E008B673.png

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
249 Posts
The rain channel is also a molding. Pull it off. It will be a hard pull. Prying might be better... little of both... Then seal the leak and make sure there's no rust. Lastly, reapply with a strong external auto body adhesive.

Boom!

Have a beer.

Sent from Earth II using Tapatalk V

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
249 Posts
Are you sure it's not the sunroof, windshield, door seals, and HVAC system?

When you pull it off there's a damn good chance the paint will crack and flake off. So! Cover only that area with anything that will temporarily hold back the water and not damage anything. Then test the temp seal in the car wash, your neighbor's yard sprinkler, or a small hurricane. Your call... If it still leaks then look elsewhere. If not, see my first reply and buy some flexible plastics primer, paint, and clear.

·
Registered
'03 CTS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much Dja!!!! Do you think I will need to replace the molding?

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
249 Posts
Thank you very much Dja!!!! Do you think I will need to replace the molding?
It's possible but I'd wait and see how it comes off before purchasing another. As long as it stays in one piece and doesn't stretch, you should be good.

Clean off the old adhesive (both molding and channel) and reapply with the same, or better. I expect that it will be similar to the glues used on the windshield and back widow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts